ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Address During Application Process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joelm2400
Newly Registered

Changing Address During Application Process

Post by Joelm2400 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Hello all,

I asked this elsewhere (in the timeline section), but figured it would be more appropriate as it's own topic. I recently applied for a tier 2 general visa from the USA and the application went to the New York Consulate. The lease on my apartment is up at the end of the month, and I'm not sure I will receive my documents back in time. I will temporarily be moving up north to San Francisco while waiting for my visa (I currently live in the Los Angeles area). I included a prepaid FedEx overnight envelope with a shipping label in my application packet addressed to my current address. I attempted to contact FedEx to see if it was possible to change the address on the current label, or see if it can be redirected, but they stated that it would have to be done by the "shipper", which in this case would be the Consulate. My questions are:

1) Is there anyone I can speak to at the consulate to get the shipping label changed? If I can get a hold of someone I can either email, or snail-mail the new label.

2) Is there another letter/package to expect other than the one containing my documents?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Changing Address During Application Process

Post by manci » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:39 am

try the contact details given here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... os-angeles