ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 successful story after refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ber123
Newly Registered

EEA4 successful story after refusal

Post by Ber123 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi All - I've never posted here before but I've always found this place so useful and with lots of really helpful information!

I thought I'd share my story to help or give hope to those who are going through a similar situation.

I've been married to my Polish husband for 6 years now living in London for 7 years almost. We also have a 2 year old daughter. I applied for an EEA2 residence card in 2009 and after like 8 months waiting I got a residence stamp which is due to expire in May this year.

I applied for an EEA4 earlier this year and this was the timeline:

28 Jan 2014 I sent my EEA4 application
3 Feb 2014 Fee £55 was taken from our account
5 Feb 2014 Received COA on the post
25 March Received documents back on the post with a refusal letter (saying I didn't attach enough evidence of me living continuously 5 years with my EEA national-they didn't ask for any more evidence, just sent refusal. Probably our mistake as we provided lots of evidence for my EEA national and not from me!)
3 April 2014 Sent reconsideration letter to caseworker attaching lots of evidence proving I've been indeed living in the UK with my EEA national for 5 years. Same day we also sent documents to appeal in case reconsideration documents were ignored by caseworker
10 April 2014 Today! I received back all my documents from caseworker with my residence card stamped on an A4 sheet paper!

The whole process took 2 months and 2 weeks! I am very impressed and so relieved!

If I can be of any help to anyone let me know :D

behold2014

Re: EEA4 successful story after refusal

Post by behold2014 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 am

please send me a copy of the reconsideration letter.i mean like the format

Oke1

Re: EEA4 successful story after refusal

Post by Oke1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:54 am

Congrats can you pls let me aware the
Kind of document you send and copy
Of reconsideration letter

Thanks