ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement ID - help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

firelight
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement ID - help please

Post by firelight » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:41 pm

I have just read this on the Cambridge English website:

Meet UK Home Office English language immigration requirements
As a result of new regulations introduced by the UK Home Office, from 1 April 2013 all candidates wishing to use Cambridge English: Preliminary for immigration to the UK will be required to have a test day photo taken for result verification purposes. In addition to a test day photo, candidates will also need to provide their passport number. Therefore, candidates that require a test day photo should use their passport as their identification on the day of their test.

If you wish to use your result for immigration purposes you should notify the centre where you sit the exam. Test day photos ensure that your exam is secure and is even more trusted and valued. Photos taken on the day of the exam will be made available to the UK Home Office so that they can verify your result.

I am now really worried about our visa application. My husband passed the PET in Tunisia and we waited for his certificate to arrive before applying for the spouse visa. Does this mean that our application will be refused because he wasn't asked for his passport as ID when he attended for the exam, even though they knew it was for UK immigration purposes? He had his photo taken and submitted his ID card. We have submitted his certificate with his application.

Thanks for your help with this.

theprideofpak

Re: English Language Requirement ID - help please

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:53 pm

did he provide his passport number to the test centre? If he did, then you'll be fine as they took the photo at the test centre and the photo matches the passport photo, so should be ok.
If they did not take his passport number, then I can't say anything. But he may be ok as they took his photo at the test centre anyway....
hope for the best....

firelight
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Requirement ID - help please

Post by firelight » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply. He has spoken to others, who also were not asked to provide their passport but had their photos taken. I guess we'll fnd out soon whether it was enough.

Take care.