ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS sent my application too early (< ILR + 1Y)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leave_to_wait
Newly Registered

NCS sent my application too early (< ILR + 1Y)

Post by leave_to_wait » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Hello all,

Due to my travel arrangements, I had arranged for an NCS appointment a few weeks before my qualifying period was to begin. The NCS promised that they could hold on to my application and then forward it on at the appropriate date… except… just now I received a letter from the Home Office saying that they'd received my application. Eek, too early! How concerned should I be about the risk that my application is refused on the grounds of me not meeting my residency requirements? Is there anything I can do about it?

SouthWest1

Re: NCS sent my application too early (< ILR + 1Y)

Post by SouthWest1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:57 pm

The onus of the application lies on the applicant to be honest.
I am surprised that NCS did not mention it is too early for you to send the application, unless they gave you a paper or something saying that they will send your application on particular date? ( which i doubt it )

I think if you withdraw the application now, you will lose your fees !!

unless some body else has a better piece of advice?

leave_to_wait
Newly Registered

Post by leave_to_wait » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:04 pm

I had a phone call and an email exchange with them, plus an email confirmation of what the procedure would be. It's not like I was trying to bypass anything or deceive anybody; I just expected this to be a standard procedure: early checking by the NCS and my application sent off on the right date. Argh, this is really frustrating. It was the NCS itself that proposed the early appointment with the possibility to forward my application, saying that they had the ability to do so provided it was within a few weeks. It later turned out that I didn't need to travel on that day after all; but I went ahead with the original appointment they offered. I've emailed them to check again what is going on, and I guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday to see what's up :-(

I'm particularly unhappy about this because the emergency travel I thought I had to do (which would have precluded my making the application on a more suitable date) did not materialise. If I had been more paranoid/vigilant, I would have tried to rebook with the NCS just to avoid this eventuality. *SIGH*. The worst is not losing the fee (which will sting massively on its own), but having to endure another huge delay in this process… (admin is really stressful for me, managing all the requirements; I was really hoping to finally have the relief of getting this all sorted once and for all)

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:23 pm

I would suggest writing to the UKBA explaining the situation ( Provide all correspondences with NCS if you have them).
just send a registered first class letter and keep the receipt. if you are skeptical, then at least you have a point to argue about in case any thing goes wrong.

Good luck and keep us updated.

leave_to_wait
Newly Registered

Post by leave_to_wait » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Thanks! I should probably do that.
Will keep you all posted.
Hopefully the UKBA will understand my plight :-(

leave_to_wait
Newly Registered

Post by leave_to_wait » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Just to follow up on this. I just got my approval letter today (no acknowledgment of the letter I sent about the form being sent off too early). What a relief! Thanks for the advice :-)

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 pm

You was on risk of loosing £900 but everything worked fine finally. Congratulations !

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Good to see the positive result .... Many Congratulations.
*please do not take this as professional advice**

kuljeet
Newly Registered

Post by kuljeet » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:10 pm

hi
how early you have applied, means did you apply one month early before qualifying period???