ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General or Family Visitor? Fiance visiting UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RVabhi
Newly Registered

General or Family Visitor? Fiance visiting UK

Post by RVabhi » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi
I currently hold an ILR to UK, I am about to get married in June this year and wish my fiancé to come along with me to the UK soon after our wedding. She does not intend to move to the UK for the next one year and want to visit me only for a couple of months, July and August.

In this case, since we want her to have the visa before hand and she is still not married to me, what category of visa should she be applying under? Is it family visitor since she is my fiancé, however how do we prove this in our application? or does she need a general visitor application?

Would highly appreciate any advise.

Thank you,
Ravi

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: General or Family Visitor? Fiance visiting UK

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:08 am

Usually in these situations this sort of thing is seen as an attempt to settle, so the onus would be on you to prove the contrary.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....