ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of ILR through the long residence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chammi
Newly Registered

Dependant of ILR through the long residence

Post by Chammi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:06 am

Hi there,
I was on Tier 1 general visa and my wife came here August 2011 as my Tier 1 dependent and she is being with me since then. but as I completed 10 years here...I got the settlement February 2014 as 10 years long residency. My wife is still on Tier 1 dependent visa and that lasts May 2015. I'm wondering if she could apply for settlement now, if yes, does she has to apply SET M or ILR O? Please help?

Many Thanks

vinny

Re: Dependant of ILR through the long residence

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:51 am

Why didn't she apply for something in February 2014, as Damanisshallo had advised? It may be more difficult now because of the rule changes since 6th April 2014. I think that they now expect her to apply for FLR(M) under the 5 year route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Chammi
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant of ILR through the long residence

Post by Chammi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Vinny... thanks for the reply.. The reason I didn't apply in February was, I was told by a solicitor that she can get my ILR dependent visa and as soon as she gets it she could apply for settlement and seems that's not the case... Anyway I'm trying to call home office helpline and get some advice... thanks again and will update you later