ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Family Visitor visa !!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tibuh
Newly Registered

Help on Family Visitor visa !!!

Post by tibuh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Hello,

Would be grateful if anyone can enlighten me on family visitor visa.

I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa since last year and my current visa expires mid next year. My parents plan to visit me however when I am applying online selecting family visitor it says that the person applying under this category should have people 'permanently settled' in UK.

I am confused with 'permanently settled' requirement. Is there any change in family visitor visa requirements as earlier my friends holding Tier 2 ICT have applied for family visitor visa only though they were not permanently settled.

Request responses.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Family visit is not a category that is open to the family members of UK residents who are not settled. Your family have to apply for a general visit visa using VAF1A

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Your friend may have had a different experience because the rules have only recently been changed.

tibuh
Newly Registered

Post by tibuh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Many thanks for your reply !!!

amar83
Newly Registered

Post by amar83 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi Tibuh,

I work for an Indian IT company and I too am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa. I was also applying for visa for my parents online today and had the same doubt.

Thanks to Lucapooka, thats cleared now.

Could you help me with couple of questions I had regarding the documents required. For the payslips part, is it enough if I show my Indian payslip for last 6 month or is it must to show any payment I get in the UK.

Also is it enough if I show 5K in UK bank account as the proof of fund available to support them.

I have booked a visa appointment for them on 27th of this month. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Many thanks...

Regards,
Amar

tibuh
Newly Registered

Post by tibuh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi Amar,

I am in the same boat as you. I am planning to share following documents as proof of funds:
1. The letter of assignment given to me by my organization which mentions my monetary entitlements in UK.
2. My CoS letter mentioning the UK salary amount.
3. The bank account statement for past 3 months showing the transactions.
4. My home country salary slips.
5. My parents bank account statements and property papers (to give an idea of their funds)

All the best to you, hope your parents are granted the visa. Do share any insights that you get to know since I will be applying in next 10 days or so.

Warm Regards,
Tibuh

tibuh
Newly Registered

Post by tibuh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi Amar,

I would also recommend to read this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=108882

It maybe good to include the documents mentioned.

Warm Regards,
Tibuh

amar83
Newly Registered

Post by amar83 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks for your reply Tibuh...

I had initially applied online in the Family Visit visa category. After seeing this post I cancelled that application and re-applied under General category.

I will update you on any progress. Between I am sending scanned copies of documents which I need to send from here (sponsorship letter, accomodation letter, UK bank statement, etc), is that fine or do I need to send the originals only.

Actually I initially thought to send originals, but one of my friend told that he had sent scanned copies and he got the visa for his wife. He was in different visa category though.

b/w I have sent you a Private message. Thanks...

enprim22
Newly Registered

Post by enprim22 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:04 pm

I work for an Indian IT company and I too am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa. I was also applying for visa for my parents online today and had the same doubt.

binoj_a26
Newly Registered

Re: Help on Family Visitor visa !!!

Post by binoj_a26 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi Amar,

I am planning to bring my in-laws here on a Family Visitor visa. I am currently on a Tier 1 ICT Long term which is valid for another 2 years. Please let me know if the Family Visitor visa is valid or do they need to apply under the General Visitor category?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help on Family Visitor visa !!!

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:53 pm

binoj_a26 wrote:Hi Amar,

I am planning to bring my in-laws here on a Family Visitor visa. I am currently on a Tier 1 ICT Long term which is valid for another 2 years. Please let me know if the Family Visitor visa is valid or do they need to apply under the General Visitor category?

Regards,
This thread is from 2012!!

As you are not settle or have ILR, your family must apply for a general visitor visa NOT a family visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.