ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK - ILR (parents do not have ILR)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishme6

Child born in UK - ILR (parents do not have ILR)

Post by vishme6 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:21 am

Hi,

My kid was born in the UK and we applied for her VISA during my first visa extension. Her VISA expires on 16May2014.

Since I am planning to apply for my ILR in first week of May by post, do I need to include my kid in the application?

The postal applications may take around 3 months or more. If I do not include my kid in my ILR form, will she be staying illegally after 16May2014 as her visa (leave to remain) would have expired.

Thanks,
Vish

ansh0701
Newly Registered

Re: Child born in UK - ILR (parents do not have ILR)

Post by ansh0701 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:29 pm

hi there.

am not expert but if i was you i would apply for the baby together (not sure but i think in the form flr(fp)

otherwise she will be illegal after your visa expires in may and you dont apply for her as well.

then when you get your ilr you can apply for british citizen as she was born in uk and u have indefinite leave.

best of luck

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:38 pm

You don't need to include your child unless you have travel plans out of the country. As child was born in the UK, once you receive your ILR, you can register the child as British on Form MN1 under section 1(3) which is an entitlement. See children section in the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:57 pm

If you are applying for your ILR on 10 Years long residence basis, you can't include any dependants. In this case, you'll have to apply on FLR(M) and include any dependants you want. (your wife & kids). You'll do this at the same time you apply on SET(LR). So your dependants don't become illegal.
If you are applying on completion of 5 years on PBS, then you can & should apply together.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 pm

CR001 wrote:You don't need to include your child unless you have travel plans out of the country. As child was born in the UK, once you receive your ILR, you can register the child as British on Form MN1 under section 1(3) which is an entitlement. See children section in the link below.

Hi

what if child born in uk and once travel outside on visa and now back in uk. So they enter the uk with a visa.

Do we need to add them in future applications. ( no future travel plan ).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Zee ali wrote:
CR001 wrote:As child was born in the UK, once you receive your ILR, you can register the child as British on Form MN1 under section 1(3) which is an entitlement. See children section in the link below.

Hi

what if child born in uk and once travel outside on visa and now back in uk. So they enter the uk with a visa.

Do we need to add them in future applications. ( no future travel plan ).
My comment still applies, there is no discretion involved if the child is born in the UK and applying on MN1 under section 1(3), it is an entitlement.

Please do read through the link provided for children registrations.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.