ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank format

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NAR

Bank format

Post by NAR » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 pm

So i been reading here that all banks refuse to provide the exact format required. It will be very helpful if any recent successful applicant (outside UK) explains the bank paperwork they provided. I checked with couple of banks and its the same thing. This is a standard in bank industry now, the bank will not (and should not) provide a non-standard format, especially if they are regulated.

They have several formats that you can choose from. For example, they will give you a no-liability statements on your account showing your name and account number, this should prove that the money is yours and only yours. They will also provide a bank stamped three months statements, so this shows the 90 days available money. They can provide Balance statement which shows your name/account again and the balance you have. They do not have format mentioning you can transfer the money to UK and they do not have any format mentioning they are regulated, even though they are.
So is multiple paperwork like this is enough?
What did everyone's else submitted?
What if the bank is well known bank in the region, would UKBA still question if he bank is regulated by its home country central bank or they will just know it is and move on without refusing the application based on that grounds?

HSBC Bank in Qatar is regulated and well know for example, actually all banks in Qatar are regulated and that is a well known fact to everyone living in this gulf region, so UKBA staff sitting in Dubai considering an application from Qatar, they know the bank is regulated, would they still refuse the application because that document was not provided?

Thanks.....

NAR

Re: Bank format

Post by NAR » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am

Was reading more into the guideline, seems UKBA 'should' accept just a standard statement from the bank if the bank and money in the UK. This means if someone managed to transfer the money to a bank in the UK (under their name of course), then a bank statement alone will be enough. Let me know if my understanding is wrong.

Of course, i am not sure if anyone with no legal staying status in the UK can open a bank account in their name, anyone with experience in this please comment.

Thanks...

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:04 am

@ NAR, yes you are right. If you have money in a UK bank in your own name, then bank statement showing the fund is ok to proof the availability of the fund.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

NAR

Post by NAR » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:15 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ NAR, yes you are right. If you have money in a UK bank in your own name, then bank statement showing the fund is ok to proof the availability of the fund.
Thank you....

Guess now, i will see how hard it is to transfer the money into the UK and open a bank account for non-residence.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 am

@ NAR, you can still use the bank statement of an account which is outside UK, but the bank should be on HO list of trusted banks.

You can check the list in Appendix P of the immigration rules.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... appendix-p
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

NAR

Post by NAR » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:08 am

Yeah, but there are only 8 countries in that list. I think this list to show which of these specific countries bank are Non accepted and which are accepted. I guess they faced some issues with some of these countries banks hence they had to show a list.