ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application together ILR visa and FLR (M) / PBS dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiri132
Newly Registered

Re: Application together ILR visa and FLR (M) / PBS dependen

Post by kiri132 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:29 pm

vinny wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
kiri132 wrote:Hi All

I am on Tier 1 general visa and will qualify for ILR on July 2014 and my current visa expires on Nov 2014.

My partner does not qualify for the ILR at the same time as me- Because she got the entry clearance visa after July 2012 (got PBS dependent visa until Nov 2014) and will not complete qualifying 5 year residential period.

I am aware my partner need to apply PBS dependent visa after my ILR and she will get three years extension.So she will get total 4.5 year PBS dependent visa (including entry clearance) and require another extension ( for 6 months only) in 2017 to qualify for the ILR.

Please advise on whether are there any opportunity to get 3.5 year PBS dependent visa in 2014 to avoid additional visa fee in 2017. (for only 6 month extension)

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Possible, if she makes a valid in-time application by post and they take a sufficiently long time in deciding her application.
Hi All,

Regards to new rules (after 06 April 2014), please advise which option (PBS dependent or ILR dependent) is better to get possible 3.5 year extension?

I am aware that FLR(M) is cheaper and required to satisfy the financial and English requirements.Are there any other requirements?

Thanks.

s.ali
Newly Registered

Post by s.ali » Thu May 01, 2014 1:23 pm

I got ILR today on 5-year continuous stay.

My wife came to uk on 09/11/2013 on Tier 1 dependent and her visa expires on 5th May 2014

Can I apply her Visa using FLR(M) or Not??

Please reply ASAP.

Appreciate your reply.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Yes, but if she switches to FLR(M) there is an English Requirement, a Financial Requirement and the settlement clock will be reset to a new 5 years. Instead, she may extend as a PBS dep until she qualifies for settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

s.ali
Newly Registered

Post by s.ali » Fri May 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi Amber,

Thanks for your quick response.

I want to go for PBS dependent for my Wife but I am have problem with the Maintenance of Funds.

I have only one option to go with FLR(M).

She has a degree from India which is recoginize by PBS calculator - English Requirement . Is this acceptable??
I can show my Salary that is more than 18,600. Financial Requirement. (Satisfied this criteria).

Please send me the link for covering letter for FLR(M).

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 02, 2014 9:32 pm

So far as the degree is awarded 20 or more points for qualification and 10 points for English Skills that should meet the A1 requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sv345

Post by sv345 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi,
If I apply for ILR based on WP and Tier 2 visa. Do my partner, whose visa expires in March 2015 (this is also when my current tier 2 expires)

1) Has to apply for visa extension soon after my ILR or she can wait for a few months and apply say in Jan 2015.
2) If she can wait till jan 2015, do we have to do any other official document change (say inform home office about change in my visa status as it is a requirement on her visa)?

Thanks

sv345

Post by sv345 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi,

I would really appreciate a reply. Thanks

Nares Korvipati
Newly Registered

Post by Nares Korvipati » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi All,
I will be getting my ILR (after finishing 5 years of Tier 1 General Visa) in this November 2014. can some please guide me on which visa should i apply for my wife and kid.
My wife and kid came to UK in April 2013 (she came to UK in 2011 but there was a gap i her next visa as she went o deliver a baby in India hence i am considering this as a break in visa and need 5 continuous years) so according to the July 2012 rules she will have to be in the UK for 5 years before getting a ILR.

I have been suggested FLR (M). can some one please confirm if i can get FLR (M) for my wife and kid.

If this is the case may i know the below please
1. funds which i need to maintain as i cannot find any details on the FLR (M) application form.
2. can i apply for my wife and kid under one appointment at PEO and how much will it cost.
3. any other information which i need to be aware of.

any help is highly appreciated.

regards
Naresh

regards
Nresh

raj747
Newly Registered

Post by raj747 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello there,
please pardon me if the question i am about to ask is already answered. apologies for my dumb brain, I couldn't decipher it.
i am currently on tier 2 general just about to apply for ILR based on the long residence route. my wife and daughter are currently on the PBS dependent visas. out leave to remain expires on 14th nov 2014. which application would you recommend for my wife and daughter? they cannot apply for ILR as they dont qualify. can i apply for FLR (M) and mention that 'sponsor application is still under process'? i cannot apply for PBS dependents as i dont have proof of funds from 3 months. more over my contract is only till march of 2015. please help!

shivashankar2020
Newly Registered

Post by shivashankar2020 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for all clarificaiton. I just need confirmation.

As I applying for the ILR in Septemember but My wife and daughter will be on as Tier 1 dependent.I plan to apply together
for All 3. As of now all our Tier 1 depenedent visa ends on Oct 1st.

At this moment:Main applicant only eligiable for ILR.

1.I think I should fill FLR(M) form though Main appliciant(my self) applying for ILR. I have'nt got ILR.
2.Can I take One appointment with HOME OFFICE(premium) for all 3. Hope I can submit ILR + FLR depenedents.

Appreciate your anwsers please.