ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to answer Immigration History question for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaq12wsx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How to answer Immigration History question for FLR(M)

Post by zaq12wsx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi,

I am trying to complete the FLR(M) form as a spouse of a British person.

I had been in the UK for quite some years now, all on many many different visas. When I am filling the form I came across this part:

5.1 Did you enter the UK legally?

Yes

5.2 If yes, when did you enter the UK?
5.3 In what category were you granted permission to enter the UK?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:?: do I have to go back to the very beginning of my first entry visa to the UK?

The reason I have this question is because although I had been in the UK for a long time. I had left and applied for visa in my home country during these years on several occasion - which count as a "break" in my stay in the UK.

The most recent Visa is the Post Study Work Visa(obtained two years ago) and the subsequent Work Visa(obtained last October).
Also in January 2014 I went on a long holiday abroad.

So do I say

5.2 January 2014
5.3 Work visa

to these immigration history question?

I am probably confusing myself...any advise is appreciated to clear up this matter would be great. Thank you!!! :D

SoHopeful

Re: How to answer Immigration History question for FLR(M)

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 pm

It reads as though they are asking about your current status so put the details of your entry on the current visa.

zaq12wsx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zaq12wsx » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 pm

SoHopeful wrote:It reads as though they are asking about your current status so put the details of your entry on the current visa.

Thanks for the response!

So I should probably put down my most recently obtained Visa (Tier 2 Work visa sponsored by my current company) and my most recent entry dates to UK (holiday in January 2014)?

Come to think of it I am planning to submit my previous passports with all the old visa stickers together with the FLR(M) application. So UKBA can work out my history if they want to...?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:50 am

They will have it all on record so they will see your immigration history.

You only need to put the date you entered for the first time using your current visa. If you changed visa in country then I guess you put the date you received the visa.