ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant HSMP visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

surekak
Newly Registered

dependant HSMP visa

Post by surekak » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:06 am

Hi Gurus,
My Husband has got HSMP EC and he is planning to leave to UK by next week.Right now I'm working in my home country.I'm planning to join him in another 3 months,after he gets job and settle there.So please let me know what all documents and fees are required for me and my 2 yrs old son to apply for EC.

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:22 am

Hi Sureka,

You can apply for a Dependent Visa using your Husbds HSMP.

Once ur husband settles there with a job/house etc ..ask him to send those details to you. With that you can apply for your visa & ur sons.

For more details you can see http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/

Cheers
ikon

vs007

Re: dependant HSMP visa

Post by vs007 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:46 pm

surekak wrote:Hi Gurus,
My Husband has got HSMP EC and he is planning to leave to UK by next week.Right now I'm working in my home country.I'm planning to join him in another 3 months,after he gets job and settle there.So please let me know what all documents and fees are required for me and my 2 yrs old son to apply for EC.
Hi Surekak,

just wanted to know what did your husband in the VAF1 form mention in 2.6a i.e marital status. Coz for married person the entire family will have to apply for the EC clearance coz i have seen in one post that the EC got rejected with reason YOU Do NOT intend to make UK your Main home.

Rgds

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:48 pm

Does it really matter for a whole family to apply together ?

Can anyone please suggest.

If I apply for whole family together I have to pay Rs. 68000 visa fees as I have my wife and 2 kids in my family. If for some reason my visa gets rejected I've to repay to fees.

Therefore, I was planning to apply for myself first and apply for my family after getting my visa stamped.

Can anyone please give share his insight or experience on this issue?

vs007

Post by vs007 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:21 am

mee too in the same situation .... all the HSMP gurus please suggest

junk005
Newly Registered

Re: dependant HSMP visa

Post by junk005 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:34 am

you need following documnets atleast:

1. Bank statements of your husband showing his earning to support you.
2. Address proof of your husband(like council letter/any utililty bill like electric bill)
3. marriage certificate
4. invitation letter
5. proof of appointment

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:54 am

@vikasag, @vs007

You need not apply for the family members at the same time when you apply for your EC. You can very well apply later after you get your EC decision.

Also,"YOU Do NOT intend to make UK your Main home" is not a valid point as the migrant can still stay in UK without his spouse/kid.

Hope i calrified your points. reply if you look for more answers

Cheers
ikon

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi ikon,

Thanks for your reply. I've a further question what if I apply only for myself and in the interview they as why have I not applied for my family? Can we simply state some personal reasons or they would look for some strong reason and would ask for evidences ?

Thanks,
Vikas

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:44 pm

First of all, it is not compulsary that all family to apply at once.

But there is a chance that if you called for interview, you have to justify your stand by giving valid reason. You can say them that, they will be joining you very soon after a month or two. Never tell them, more than 3 months, then he/she may think you are not confident or your family is not interested to move.

After getting the visa for main applicant, its different critiria for dependent visa. How they will be supported and job, money, stay comes into picture.

Good luck.

antony

Post by antony » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:12 pm

ChandraSP wrote:First of all, it is not compulsary that all family to apply at once.

But there is a chance that if you called for interview, you have to justify your stand by giving valid reason. You can say them that, they will be joining you very soon after a month or two. Never tell them, more than 3 months, then he/she may think you are not confident or your family is not interested to move.

After getting the visa for main applicant, its different critiria for dependent visa. How they will be supported and job, money, stay comes into picture.

Good luck.
PLEASE NOTE :

I came across the same situation when i applied for EC.
The EC officer rejected my visa application and stated the reason as ...
I had yet another reason also for the rejection.

In addition I note that you have a spouse and child who do not intend travlling to uk with you and therefore not satisfied that you intend to make the uk your main home.

I made a note in the section 10) of the VAF12 application form as below:

a.My dependents
I am planning to take my spouse and child within 2 or 3 months, once I get settled in UK with a job.

Also, I have written a Cover letter to the BHC chennai office with the facts and the necessary documents that i am submiting.

Finally i got the EC within 3 days. But the medical test took me 14 days to get the report .

Not sure if you people are neglecting this. But this also plays a major role from EC officer point of view. Each case worker has his own decision.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

moganlal

dependent hsmp

Post by moganlal » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi There,
I have a diff problem. I got my hsmp approved and my spouse is on WP. But i'll travel back to my country to get HSMP. What do i enter in the form.
I need to say my spouse will not come with me as she is already there in UK.
And also my spouse is planning to quit her job once i settle and come down again as my dependant. it may take anywhere upto one year.
Is that ok for my spouse to come on dependant after one year?
pls help.
Mogan

hsmp_hyd
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_hyd » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:05 pm

antony wrote: PLEASE NOTE :

I came across the same situation when i applied for EC.
The EC officer rejected my visa application and stated the reason as ...
I had yet another reason also for the rejection.

In addition I note that you have a spouse and child who do not intend travlling to uk with you and therefore not satisfied that you intend to make the uk your main home.

I made a note in the section 10) of the VAF12 application form as below:

a.My dependents
I am planning to take my spouse and child within 2 or 3 months, once I get settled in UK with a job.

Also, I have written a Cover letter to the BHC chennai office with the facts and the necessary documents that i am submiting.

Finally i got the EC within 3 days. But the medical test took me 14 days to get the report .

Not sure if you people are neglecting this. But this also plays a major role from EC officer point of view. Each case worker has his own decision.
hi Antony, U did Medical Test? Is medical mandatory now? or only for specific prefession?

Thanks!
hsmp_hyd

antony

Post by antony » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi,

The medical forms were issued for me as part of the EC process. All the forms were given by BHC through VFS. It has to be done by the medical officer mentioned in the forms.
Once the medical reports were sent to the BHC they will issue visa.

Antony
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.