ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting refund for withdrawn appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hosok

Getting refund for withdrawn appeal

Post by hosok » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:18 am

Hi all,
After getting a refusal for my wife's EEA2 application, we've sent the appeal form and reconsideration request.
My wife has received her RC after reconsideration, which is very pleasing, of course. The RC and the letter attached was dated 17th of March, received on the 25th of March.
Unfortunately, on the 24th the HM tribunal deducted the £140 payment for the oral hearing. I was surprised because I thought the H.O must let them know they've changed their decision. I've called them up and a guy told me the payment wasn't cleared yet but basically there are no refunds. He suggested that we should email the fees team. We did that and now waiting for their reply, in the meantime the payment was already cleared.

Does anybody know what to do? I've looked up online on their website and on this forum and couldn't find any concrete information with regards to refunds. Is it true that there are no refunds? Shouldn't the home office let them know about the change of their decision?

Thanks a lot in advance!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Getting refund for withdrawn appeal

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Not sure if this would be the right number, but you can try to call: 0151-2134566 or 0151-2134568. One of these is a number for payments in HO Liverpool - forgotten which is which. I know that not where the money was taken from but they might know the finance people in wherever debited your 140GBP.

Always worth a try.

hosok

Post by hosok » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:29 pm

chaoclive wrote:Not sure if this would be the right number, but you can try to call: 0151-2134566 or 0151-2134568. One of these is a number for payments in HO Liverpool - forgotten which is which. I know that not where the money was taken from but they might know the finance people in wherever debited your 140GBP.

Always worth a try.
Amazing, thanks I'll try that first thing on Monday!

Is there anybody else who knows for sure if I'm entitled to get a refund ?

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:24 am

Hi,
we got £60 back as a refund, but £80 was said to be taken as "administration fee", isn't that ridiculous considering that papers appeal is only £80? so they're basically saying that the court's time worth only £60?

What do you suggest guys?

Thanks!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 pm

I doubt that they will give much more back to you :( This seems to be normal procedure. If I were you I'd go on with my life and forget it.

Of course, if you're really interested in that 80GBP you could email them again and ask why they took off an admin fee: Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I wouldn't think it will work out...Pity, but that's life.

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm

chaoclive wrote:I doubt that they will give much more back to you :( This seems to be normal procedure. If I were you I'd go on with my life and forget it.

Of course, if you're really interested in that 80GBP you could email them again and ask why they took off an admin fee: Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I wouldn't think it will work out...Pity, but that's life.
Thanks mate.
We've emailed them twice. The weird thing is that we got a refund of £60, but no letter or email about that whatsoever. In fact, if my wife wouldn't have called them we wouldn't have known what is it on our bank statement!

Still, quite upsetting that £80 is admin fee because it's quite obvious that it isn't... otherwise, what's the admin fee for the papers hearing which is £80 for everything...? d'you see my point..?

Let's see if we get some reply. We've been told that it's been dealing with by the Fees Team.

Any more ideas/responses would be appreciated!

Cheers

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Yeah, it will be the Fees Team. The caseworkers won't have any influence on that (I guess).

Hope you get some more of it back, but it's not the end of the world!

Good luck.

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:27 pm

chaoclive wrote:Yeah, it will be the Fees Team. The caseworkers won't have any influence on that (I guess).

Hope you get some more of it back, but it's not the end of the world!

Good luck.
Cheers mate!
Is it related to the H.O at all? I'm the one to withdraw it since getting it reconsidered. thanks again

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:20 pm

You only withdrew it because they reconsidered their decision (which was wrong). If you are willing to chase up on 80GBP then go ahead. I personally would just enjoy myself and be happy that I got the RC.

Of course you can ask why they kept the money when the mistake was actually theirs in the first place. If you have the number for the Fees place just call them directly and ask if there's a reason why you have to pay for the HO mistake.

However, don't hold your breath!

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Thanks mate once again,
I'm not to stressed about it, but with the amount I've paid the application, appeal, accountants etc. it wouldn't hurt to get at least another 80 quid back ;)

In any case, it's completely confusing- the tribunal are telling me that it's not the home office because I withdrew it but another adviser told me the other day that it's actually the H.O that are in charge of the refunds, even though I paid the tribunal .. (?)
I have no idea who to contact. H.O have exceptionally high call vol. and tribunal don't really want do help, just telling me to send emails and they respond after 2 weeks.

any ideas?

Thanks again, and yes- I'm mainly relieved now that my wife has the RC, but if a phone call and few emails would help me get 80 quid back then I'll do it :P

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:31 pm

Not really sure what else you can do... :( I hope that someone else will come in and provide some ideas!

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 pm

can you please tell us why ur application was refused....on what ground

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 pm

It was refused since they say I didn't demonstrate that I exercise treaty rights in the UK. after sending few more evidences they reconsidered and issued RC.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 pm

were you selfemplyed or employed.can u pls tell us,as we are preparing reconsideration docs.please

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:09 pm

self-employed, you can send me pm if you want.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:16 pm

hi,am new here,ow can i send you pm.
ours was also refused (please help)

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:26 pm

behold2014 wrote:hi,am new here,ow can i send you pm.
ours was also refused (please help)
You sent one just fine, and I replied..

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:52 pm

thank for that,

how many working days did the consideration take?

hosok

Post by hosok » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:00 pm

few weeks

kevin111
Newly Registered

Post by kevin111 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi Everyone.
My case started when I met my fiancée around mid 2012, she's German. I overstayed about 2years but anyway we moved in together same year. Around late 2013 we decided to get married and we gave notice at the Registry. We were given a date, but unfortunately, UKBA burst in that lovely morning where we were taken to different rooms for interrogation. I was arrested that day and detained for almost a month. While I was there we applied for eea2 family permit (RC), 2 weeks after I was released. My uncle and my finacee were my sureties. A week after that the application was refused. But I have been signing since then till date. We appealed, and a date was given after several months. 4 days before the appeal I received a letter saying that the HO have withdrawn. Since 5 months we haven't heard anything from them.
Documents sent includes: 2years Payslips, comprehensive insurance for both of us, employment contract, tenancy agreement, letter from friends, over 500pics, joint bank statements, Aviva insurance etc....
I am really worried about this whole thing, is taking too long...this is a genuine relationship.
Please guys enlighten me if you have been in this kind of situation???

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks