ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Happy Easter everyone.. We pray for more good news this week..

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:28 pm

evie233 wrote:Happy Easter everyone.. We pray for more good news this week..
Amen to that !! Hope everyone has had a good Easter. The waiting continues......

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi everyone, me and hubby have been reading through your posts and we hope you can help us.

My husband's spouse visa was refused and after the appeals we decided to not do a judicial review and instead apply for Zambrano as we felt we applied for the wrong application in the first place (it should have been flr(o) ). The Zambrano has been refused and we have just appealed, naively we believed hubby wouldn't be an overstayer as we had applied for something. :oops: Additionally i have just started caring for my sister, and claiming carers allowance.

After speaking to a solicitor we are strongly considering applying for an flr(fp) over sending my hubby back to apply for flr(m).

Now we are feeling dubious. We see many here are succeeding applying as overstayers, we would to ask which insurmountable obstacles you are providing as grounds for the application. :wink:

Additionally we saw a few mentions of "free applications", (i think 'evie'?) we haven't heard of this before, what are these?

I hope you can shed some light on this seemingly impossible task of gaining an flr(fp).

Thanks!

:D
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:41 am

@flozo

Hello and welcome to the forum hun!

Im afraid I do not know what does FLR (FP) stand for :? , so I wont be of much help.

But with regard to free applications, on Home Office website it says that if a person is destitute and/or is receiving support from the state ( I believe @Evie was being supported financially by social services), then that person may be exempt from paying the fee.
So basically you apply without the fee and enclose the evidence of your financial hardship and if HO are convinced they would decide your application on these basis, if they are not convinced, then they would respond by telling you to submit a *paid* application.
My case was slightly different from Evie's, as my solicitor didnt have time to prepare a proper application as I was arrested and detained at removal centre, hence he only managed to submit some representations to HO on my behalf, including witness statements from my family, social services etc. As HO never said that they actually wanted me to submit a paid application, I never submitted anything else, nor have I paid the fee. It took a very long time and with my MP's assistance I was eventually granted.
Speak to your solicitor about it and see what he says!
Best of luck!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Ok thanks for the info! :wink:

Flr(fp) is the 10 year route for applying outside the rules, if I'm not wrong I think it's replacing flr(o). Correct me if I'm wrong! we are just unsure what kind of insurmountable obstacleas people are presenting.

We have a 1 year old son, hubby hasn't been home in 3 years and I care for my sister.
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

Convenant Lady
Newly Registered

Post by Convenant Lady » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Hello forum members,
I have just joined this lovely and supportive forum. Pls I have a question, I am about to put my application in, but unsure about the form to use.

I am an overstayer with a partner and 2 British kids. Can I use form Flr O for my application. It seems it is the only one that covers other reasons.

Thanks

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 pm

@covenant lady
I believe you would have to apply for flr(fp) outside of the rules, we are also looking to do this.
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

flozo64
United Kingdom

Post by flozo64 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14

Convenant Lady
Newly Registered

Post by Convenant Lady » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank you flozo64, I have gone through it and you are right. Fingers crossed I will start gathering all the necessary information required.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Convenant Lady wrote:Hello forum members,
I have just joined this lovely and supportive forum. Pls I have a question, I am about to put my application in, but unsure about the form to use.

I am an overstayer with a partner and 2 British kids. Can I use form Flr O for my application. It seems it is the only one that covers other reasons.

Thanks
flr(fp) is the right form for you and I believe you are applying as a partner
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

Convenant Lady
Newly Registered

Post by Convenant Lady » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:25 pm

No I will be applying based on my private life, since am married with 2 kids.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Convenant Lady wrote:No I will be applying based on my private life, since am married with 2 kids.
Hello covenant lady... You are applying under family or partner so u have to make sure u have two years proof of cohabitation with your partner before including him and u use the flr (FP) form if you google the form or family life as a parent or partner and read the guidelines you will understand more...

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Good night people, hope theres some good news tomorrow. The board is so quiet. Good luck every body.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:45 pm

es2013 wrote:Good night people, hope theres some good news tomorrow. The board is so quiet. Good luck every body.
I keep watching to see u give your good news :D :D can't wait to celebrate with you... This year will bring us all more good news...

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:00 pm

evie233 wrote:
es2013 wrote:Good night people, hope theres some good news tomorrow. The board is so quiet. Good luck every body.
I keep watching to see u give your good news :D :D can't wait to celebrate with you... This year will bring us all more good news...
Thanks Evie233 darling, i know its too early to wait for the postman but the anxiety i get when i see him! Thank God i take my baby to baby groups otherwise i would be disappointed waiting.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:29 pm

es2013 wrote:
evie233 wrote:
Thanks Evie233 darling, i know its too early to wait for the postman but the anxiety i get when i see him! Thank God i take my baby to baby groups otherwise i would be disappointed waiting.
I know that feeling.. Its on its way already... :D just relax eat and sleep...

mushy11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mushy11 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:40 pm

hello everyone
i want to ask that i get my visa and now i want to go pakistan for 1month but i want to ask how long i can stay in pakistan on flr o visa?

Linda21
Newly Registered

Post by Linda21 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello everyone
I've been reading the forum for quite a while now and it's so good seeing everyone supporting and helping each other.

I have applied using the Flr Fp form based on British husband and 2 British kids. Provided all documents and application through a solicitor as I have a very poor immigration history and can't deal with them anymore as they have made my life hell for 11 years( even though I helped a lot towards this)

Application send 7/03/2014
Received by HO 8/03/2014
Ack letter. 10/03/2014
Bio letter. 14/03/2014
Bio done 18/03/2014
Waiting .........

Was quite hopeful at the beginning but not anymore. Reading, that people in the same position as me are being refused just because they haven't got sole responsibility of the children is putting me down big time. Just wish I could take a break from all of this. :(

Have a great weekend everyone
God bless u all

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Linda21 wrote:Hello everyone
I've been reading the forum for quite a while now and it's so good seeing everyone supporting and helping each other.

I have applied using the Flr Fp form based on British husband and 2 British kids. Provided all documents and application through a solicitor as I have a very poor immigration history and can't deal with them anymore as they have made my life hell for 11 years( even though I helped a lot towards this)

Received by HO 8/03/2014
Ack letter. 10/03/2014
Bio letter. 14/03/2014
Bio done 18/03/2014
Waiting .........

Was quite hopeful at the beginning but not anymore. Reading, that people in the same position as me are being refused just because they haven't got sole responsibility of the children is putting me down big time. Just wish I could take a break from all of this. :(

God bless u all
You dont need to feel down cos everyone's situation is different, even if u r not the sole carer of your kids, as long as you provide proof of cohabitation with your partner for 2 years, you will be fine... Dont be discouraged..

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Linda21 wrote:Hello everyone

Received by HO 8/03/2014
Ack letter. 10/03/2014
Bio letter. 14/03/2014
Bio done 18/03/2014
Waiting .........

God bless u all
Don't worry, you have established family life. you will get your stay if you applied as a partner...i think having sole responsibility applies to people applying as parents. if am not wrong!

mystic82
Newly Registered

Post by mystic82 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:43 pm

hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on some things for me. I will make my story as short as I can; I am an overstayer with a british child(1yr 7 months old) his mother is also british and we are not married. I made a Zambrano application last yr with the help of a solicitor and and I got my COA, luckily for me I was able to get a good job not long after I got my NI number. The HO requested for extra documents and I provided them, they even went as far as asking me to take a DNA test (which cost me over £500) to prove I am the father of my child which I did and at the end of it all I was refused in april this yr with the right of appeal. I decided to make the flr fp 10yr route application(parent of a british child) immediately without the use of a solicitor because after my last experience I now believe most of them are just vulchers. I got my acknowledgement letter, ECHR letter and Biometrics letter within the space of 10 days. I have enrolled my biometrics and I am now playing the waiting game.like I said earlier the mother of my child and I are not married and to the HO I am the sole carer of my child because the mother developed health issues after the birth of our child which made it very difficult to care for our baby(I wrote a cover letter explaining all of this).my questions are, (1) does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision (2) does my case seem straightforward (3) is there anyone on this forum on a similar boat as I am(4)did I make the right application? please I would really appriciate ur help.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:32 am

mushy11 wrote:hello everyone
i want to ask that i get my visa and now i want to go pakistan for 1month but i want to ask how long i can stay in pakistan on flr o visa?
@mushy11, hi,
There is no restrictions, however you do not want to spend about six months. I guess you would like to apply for the ILR in future, it is only then that long stays would affect your application. Otherwise there are no restrictions. I hope this has helped.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:38 am

mystic82 wrote:hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on some things for me. I will make my story as short as I can; I am an overstayer with a british child(1yr 7 months old) his mother is also british and we are not married. I made a Zambrano application last yr with the help of a solicitor and and I got my COA, luckily for me I was able to get a good job not long after I got my NI number. The HO requested for extra documents and I provided them, they even went as far as asking me to take a DNA test (which cost me over £500) to prove I am the father of my child which I did and at the end of it all I was refused in april this yr with the right of appeal. I decided to make the flr fp 10yr route application(parent of a british child) immediately without the use of a solicitor because after my last experience I now believe most of them are just vulchers. I got my acknowledgement letter, ECHR letter and Biometrics letter within the space of 10 days. I have enrolled my biometrics and I am now playing the waiting game.like I said earlier the mother of my child and I are not married and to the HO I am the sole carer of my child because the mother developed health issues after the birth of our child which made it very difficult to care for our baby(I wrote a cover letter explaining all of this).my questions are, (1) does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision (2) does my case seem straightforward (3) is there anyone on this forum on a similar boat as I am(4)did I make the right application? please I would really appriciate ur help.
@mystic82, Hi,I am not in the same situation as you but from the messages posted here on the forum, the UKBA/HO has been responding quicker than before. You could contact them and ask for a proposed duration of time. the other questions I believe I am not qualified to make a statement the case worker in the HO will be the one to decided that.
Good luck

rioses
Newly Registered

Post by rioses » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:44 am

I am using a solicitor for my ECHR Art 8application .
Will I receive biometrics letter at my address or through my solicitor?
I have been granted a fee waiver and received a letter that:

'Your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature.As such,it falls outside our normal service standards for
deciding leave to remain applications.Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.'

Any body received such a letter and what are my chances?