ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply Surinder Singh route for Dependent Parents??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vkjainuk

How to apply Surinder Singh route for Dependent Parents??

Post by vkjainuk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi,

I am currently in UK & will get British citizenship next year. My wife & child are also in UK.

However my mother is in India (aged 55, widow) and financially dependent on me. As she doesnot qualify for UK adult Dependent relative visa, We will need to permanently go back to India.

Recently, I came to know about Surinder Singh route. So what are the steps for getting UK long term entry for my mother under Suriner Sing Route :

1) I move to an EU country and take job there along with my wife & Children
2) My mother comes on visitor VISA in that country for 6 months
3) Apply for EEA Family permit for my mother ( when staying in EU Country)
4) Come back to UK after 3 or 6 months

I am open to move to any EU country ... if there are any recommendations ....

Please share your experiences if you have used this route.

Please guie...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: How to apply Surinder Singh route for Dependent Parents?

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 pm

If you search (box on the top right) you will find loads of threads about Surinder Singh.

See here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804420

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:52 pm

There are many discussions around SS route for Spouse, but not for parents.

There are few threads for parents but not giving enough info or step by step guide to do so.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 pm

The steps should be broadly the same: live together in the other EEA country for X period of time (unknown), make sure that the EEA citizen is exercising treaty rights (work/self-employed etc) and then apply for an EEA family permit from the British Embassy (or visa processing centre) and there you go. You should make sure that your parents are dependent on you.

I guess it should be like this, but I'm not sure. Hope some other people will confirm....

You could also have a look at these sites:
www.surindersinghroute.com
www.expatforum.com
http://surinder-singh-route.info/2014/0 ... der-singh/

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Dear original poster, were you successful in getting UK residence card for your parents?

HRH

Post by HRH » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 pm

vkjainuk wrote:Hi,

I am currently in UK & will get British citizenship next year. My wife & child are also in UK.

However my mother is in India (aged 55, widow) and financially dependent on me. As she doesnot qualify for UK adult Dependent relative visa, We will need to permanently go back to India.

Recently, I came to know about Surinder Singh route. So what are the steps for getting UK long term entry for my mother under Suriner Sing Route :

1) I move to an EU country and take job there along with my wife & Children
2) My mother comes on visitor VISA in that country for 6 months
3) Apply for EEA Family permit for my mother ( when staying in EU Country)
4) Come back to UK after 3 or 6 months

I am open to move to any EU country ... if there are any recommendations ....

Please share your experiences if you have used this route.

Please guie...

Hi VKJAINUK,

I am a Brit with Indian roots. I relocated to India with my wife & son couple of years ago to look after my terminally ill father & to support my mother. Having lost my father, I want my mother to be with us. At the same time, I want to return home as I can't continue in India anymore.

I have already applied for Irish Visa for my mum during first week of Jan'16 & I still don't have any info on her Visa.

1) In my experience, moving to another EU country is really difficult & has become next to impossible following the BREXIT

2) Just because my country as no provision for visa for it's citizen's parents, I can't make my mum to lead a nomadic life on 6 months visit visa. Who knows if the border agency introduces another regulations in the coming years to close this remaining door.

3) EEA family permit is the end result, if successful. Currently the problem lies at the initial stage of process. BREXIT is definitely not helping.

4) Anyone who is able to complete this process in 6 months must consider himself lucky. From what I can see from other people's experience, it's atleast about an year as Border Agency likes to play hard ball.

I don't mean to discourage you but this is the sad reality. Despite of this I myself am surviving on the last few ounces of hope left inside me..

All the best mate...