ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Window premium appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m.sheikh

Window premium appointment

Post by m.sheikh » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi guys,

I now have ILR (long residence), my wife arrived in UK as my Tier-1 dependant last year and now I need to convert her visa from Tier-1 dependant to ILR dependant.

1. Can I book a window appointment for her application?
2. Does she need to pass LIU ?

Thanks
Rocko

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Window premium appointment

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:26 pm

1. Yes.
2. No, rather A1 English and the Financial requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sunil0300
Newly Registered

Post by sunil0300 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply Amber, I had a simlar question as well

My wife came here as my Tier 1 (psw) Dependent in September 2010 and her visa is still valid as a tier 1 (general) dependent until 2016, I got my ILR (10 Years) now and planning to change her Visa for FLR (M) or ILR dependent in simple terms as per your postings. It is good to know that it can be done on Window with A1 English requirement.

My Question is when she will be eligible to apply for ILR ? Please forgive me if it has been discussed before and I am asking again.

Thanks

Sunil

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Amber,

I got doubt here that can he apply to ILR for his wife now.
If he received ILR based on long residence then he can't apply to ILR for his wife. Isn't it? Could you please clarify on this query.
Amber_ wrote:1. Yes.
2. No, rather A1 English and the Financial requirement.
Surya

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:09 pm

FLR(M) for 5 years then ILR unless SET(LR) completes before.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sunil0300
Newly Registered

Post by sunil0300 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Thanks Amber for your prompt reply, This comes as a shocker to me as I had some incorrect information may be.

I thought being a Tier 1 General dependent since January 2011 she will only need to stay on FLR M for 2 more years as she already completed 3 years as a tier 1 general dependent. (Jan 2011 - April 2014) and will be eligible to apply for ILR after completing 2 more years on FLR (M) in April 2016 . which I thought was wrong .

Changing to FLR (M) and wait for another 5 years means she will be eligible for ILR in 2019, Please correct me if i am wrong.

Is there any other options for her please ?

Going through immigration rules i came across with this: does she not come under transitional provisions at A280 (c) as per below

Applicants who were granted leave to enter or remain as a PBS dependant before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:06 pm

I am afraid the rules very recently changed.

See also, ILR - PBS Dep - FLR(M) Route Update (click).