ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Proof of divorce? is needed - Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sully_06

Re: What Proof of divorce? is needed - Please Help

Post by sully_06 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:44 am

THANKS Amber!

i thought the exact same thing as you but the "solictitor" said that my second part time income i dont have to show on my bank statments as long as i can get my employer to state that i get paid cash , as my main jobs salary comes directly into my bank

then about the marriage before absolute decree she said is fine, as i can marry upto 4 wifes BUT i can only register myself and live with 1 of them in the uk - But as you shown me and others on this forum as i domiciled in the uk i cannot marry before divorce?

So now im going to go a diffrent solicitor and get a verdict on it BUT i need to get my divorce done here in the uk eitherway dont i? so i wil do that and mean while i will see diffrent opinions from solicitors ,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Do let us know how you get on.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks Guys!

I will let yous know

sully_06

Post by sully_06 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:17 am

Hi Amber and everyone,

Right ok i got advice from a immagration barrister ,

1- i do need a uk divorce
2- all income needs is to come through the bank of which statments i need to provide
3- i need to go and get remarried after my Decree Absolute,

He said he has done afew cases like these , he advises his clients to go and get re married after the decree absolute , There is no law or any problems to remarry your wife again in pakistan also that other clients have done it previously , also that we will inform the ukba this is what happened and at the time of the 1st marriage i was not legal by the uk law to marry and it would not be reconised by the uk, so there for he advised me to go and remarry again after my absolute decree, he said thar he has never had any issues with doing it this way , he also said never lie to them always tell the truth but explain yourself and be honest

SO this is what i have been advised

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks for letting us know. It is just how Casa and I thought. Sounds like the previous solicitor was dreadful.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 am

Pleased to hear you're getting everything sorted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

strinite2011
Newly Registered

Post by strinite2011 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:24 am

starinite2011

I am on ILR (male) visa now , i was previously married to EX wife in pakistan when I was on Tier 1 general visa, Due to certain reasons we didn't get on with each other. Then she went back to pakistan and asked for the khola (means divorce from her side) I signed the khola papers and these papers were attested from the solicitor, now I am going to remarry to someone else August 2014.

Do I need any document to clear my position when applying for my second wife. I informed in writing the home office as well.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:35 pm

strinite2011 wrote:starinite2011

I am on ILR (male) visa now , i was previously married to EX wife in pakistan when I was on Tier 1 general visa, Due to certain reasons we didn't get on with each other. Then she went back to pakistan and asked for the khola (means divorce from her side) I signed the khola papers and these papers were attested from the solicitor, now I am going to remarry to someone else August 2014.

Do I need any document to clear my position when applying for my second wife. I informed in writing the home office as well.
Hi starnite2011
when you had the khola papers attested from the solicitor did he also put any other stamps on your divorce paper? like a court stamp? or was it just attested by the solicter himself?