ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Docs required for correction of Naturlisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinavs
Newly Registered

Docs required for correction of Naturlisation certificate

Post by vinavs » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 am

The Naturalisation certificate has incorrect place of birth. I want to
correct it. Are the following docs sufficient

1) Copy of Naturalisation certificate
2) Copy of Passport/Birth Certificate
3) Letter explaining the correction.

Is it sufficient to send copies of Naturalisation certificate and copies of
Passport or shall I have to send the originals.

Also, anybody know which address should I have to send the documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Docs required for correction of Naturlisation certificat

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 am

You have to send the original naturalisation certificate for a correction and you will be issued with a new one.

https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

violentviolet
Newly Registered

Post by violentviolet » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 pm

That form suggests a correction costs £85 - but surely they can't charge for a correction of an error they have made?

vinavs
Newly Registered

Post by vinavs » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:05 am

Yeah, thats correct I am not sure whether to send the fees of £85 or just send it for correction and let the caseworker comeback to me if I require to pay the fees

violentviolet
Newly Registered

Post by violentviolet » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

I've emailed them for clarification - it's over a months until my ceremony, so I also asked whether it might be possible to do the correction beforehand, but I'm doubtful.

I had an automated response advising a 20 days service level and that I'm not to chase them before the 20 days have passed, but will update with whatever response I get.

The idea that they can charge what amounts to almost 10% of what is the original application fee for an error which had been caused by them and not the applicant, just feels wrong, as it surely would be an incentive for HO to not exercise care when producing the documents. I can understand a charge if the error is due to what has been submitted by the applicant.

violentviolet
Newly Registered

Post by violentviolet » Tue May 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Had an email today confirming that fee is not to be paid if the error is their mistake. Unfortunately they can't rectify the error prior to my ceremony because they can't. So there. Not impressed with their processes which seem old-fashioned at best and pretty wasteful, but at least I won't have to shell out another £85, but only the postage. Ho-hum.