ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plagiarism

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nagisons

plagiarism

Post by nagisons » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi everyone

How we can deal with plugurism allegations? How we can deal them in front of judge?

Please advice me for this matter.
Would you be so kind to reply or advice me for this allegation.

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: plugurism

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Do you mean plagiarism and falsifying documents?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Anaz786
Newly Registered

Re: plugurism

Post by Anaz786 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:54 pm

I have the same issue. In my refusal they said your business plan is generic and copied from the website. I don't know how to defend :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: plagiarism

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Was it? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Christianoronaldo

Post by Christianoronaldo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:33 pm

This should not be an issue.

When you write up a university dissertation; they inform you of the plagiarism rules in advance and you have to write up your dissertation in accordance with those rules.

UKBA does not have any pre-informed rules relating to plagiarism in writing up a business plan. Legally you are free to take any help from online sources. Plagiarism in business plan is a point of fact not a point of law. That's how your solicitor should defend it. I hope you'll be OK before judge.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 pm

It's not actually clear yet what nagison is actually being accused of by the judge. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:15 pm

The UKVI will look at the viability and credibility of the business plan(s). If someone has copied an entire plan from a website which states the other companies name etc... this will be futile for the applicant even if no 'academic' type conditions apply. It is erroneous to say plagiarising potentially copyright material is of no consequence. As Casa states, we do not even know what the OP Has actually done.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Anaz786
Newly Registered

Post by Anaz786 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:45 pm

@ Amber They have quoted this sentence in my rejection from my business plan "Business Success realizes that business problems have a variety of solutions; what may be right for one business would not necessarily meet the needs of another business" Here you have used another company's name and it has been copied from the website and also it is generic. In an interview you said you wrote your business plan so we are not satisfied who actually wrote your business plan.

It was more of a grammatical error from my side as i thought the writer was talking about the success of business in this sentence not actually his company.

HO thinks business success is a company and now I have found out that these lines have been taken from a company called business success consultancy's business plan available online...Do you think it is defendable :(

ginge
Newly Registered

Post by ginge » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi everyone! I am now in process of writing business plan for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I know there is a requirement of all my data to be quated and each quatation to be sourced. But I do not know how to do it properly!!! Can anyone advise me on this, please!

II also read that from July 2014 rules changed and you have to somehow show them that within 6 months you are able to establish your own business and become director. Is this true?? Before they gave 2 years as I know....