ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scrambled & Screwing situation. Seniors please Help/Advice

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Scrambled & Screwing situation. Seniors please Help/Advice

Post by SMNaveed » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:59 am

Dear, moderators, senior members kindly have a brief look and advice me.

October 2012:
Me and my team member both made a joint application for tier 1 entrepreneur in

March 2013:
Applications refused, each with 5 refusals (3 common & 2 separate for each applicant).

I appealed against the decision and my team member made fresh application, since his leave (visa), didn't expire at the time of refusal.

Whilst I was awaiting my hearing date, my team member again got refusals on fresh application & he also appealed against the decision since this time his existing leave was expired and was given right of appeal.

I got my hearing date: 5th of September 2013, while my team member had not got his hearing date.

On my hearing date my team member also went with me in court and barrister convinced the judge, that since one team member is having his hearing date today and second member is awaiting his hearing date to be announced, so it will be suitable to link both these appeals together and issue a new hearing date.
Judge was satisfied with the request and fresh hearing date was given as 5th of December for both team members.

5th of December 2013
Our appeals were heard together by same judge and 18th of December we received determination that " HO has made unlawful decision and that fresh law full decision should be made while applications remain outstanding". We received this determination in two envelops to each applicant but with exactly same wording.

10th of January 2013
HO refunded our appeal fees to both applicants.

16th of March
My team member received a letter from HO asking for original additional documents ( basically under the evidential flexibility law they requested the original documents which weren't sent with initial application.
Team member sent those documents with in 7days.

1st of April 2014 team member received his BRP and documents.

I have not received such letter from HO for any further documents, and this is really confusing me, if judge treated both appeals simultaneously and even judgment was exactly same then why did HO issue visa to my team member after asking for
documents and hasn't contacted me at-all for documents or issued my BRP.

I have consulted a solicitor and he said to me that probably after the court decision your both applications went to separate case workers, which is rare and that's why your case worker is slower and hasn't touched your application but your team members case worker was quick to response. He said to me that your case worker has his own view of your application and he can either ask for further documents or come up with new refusals. He also said that we can wait one more week and if your documents or any further request doesn't come from HO then he'll write letter to HO and will attach the photocopy of my team members BRP & the letter of issuance of visa which he received along with that letter, so that case worker could have a better idea about your joint applications and appeal process plus hopefully doesn't come back again with baseless refusals or at least this will speed up the process.

I am a silent user of this forum, I am sorry for explaining this in so detail but since I am going through this process from a long time and I really need a sincere and healthy advise that's why I had to explain the every single bit of my case.

Many thanks in advance for sparring your time to advice me something.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Scrambled & Screwing situation. Seniors please Help/Advi

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:20 pm

@ SMNaveed, your lawyer is right that different caseworker handle your cases and that explain why they have issued your partner visa and yours is still pending. You might probably get your visa issue without HO requesting for additional documents.

Just be patience and you should get your visa soon since you already won your appeal.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Celina

Post by Celina » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi SM Naveed ,

I am no expert but your situation of same I heard for someone whose team member got visa and he was awaiting his decision but he got his approval as well after some time , unfortunately I am not in contact with them or else I would have given you their number which would help you a bit . In Scenarios like yours if your team member has got visa you will get as well , its just the waiting time .

My Prayers and well wishes are with you .

If you don't mind can you please pm me the name and contact of barrister you fought your case with as my sister is in desperate need of good barrister , as her case has been denied as well . It will be of great help . Thanks

May God Bless ,

Kind Regards
Celina
( Waiting for your reply ) .

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:50 am

Celina wrote:Hi SM Naveed ,

I am no expert but your situation of same I heard for someone whose team member got visa and he was awaiting his decision but he got his approval as well after some time , unfortunately I am not in contact with them or else I would have given you their number which would help you a bit . In Scenarios like yours if your team member has got visa you will get as well , its just the waiting time .

My Prayers and well wishes are with you .

If you don't mind can you please pm me the name and contact of barrister you fought your case with as my sister is in desperate need of good barrister , as her case has been denied as well . It will be of great help . Thanks

May God Bless ,

Kind Regards
Celina
( Waiting for your reply ) .
Hi, thanks for your consoling & supportive comments, I hope it does happen as you said.
For some reason I am not able to send you PM. You can send me PM and I'll try clicking on reply if it works.

Regards

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Still waiting for any update or request by HO to send additional documents but haven't got any. Sent them two letters from solicitor , requesting them to update me about case or at least speed it up but they are ruthless enough to give back any response.
Team member has got his visa almost 4weeks ago.

Any advice? Letter of MP will wake someone in HO or it will trashed as well?

Thanks

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ SMNaveed, your lawyer is right that different caseworker handle your cases and that explain why they have issued your partner visa and yours is still pending. You might probably get your visa issue without HO requesting for additional documents.

Just be patience and you should get your visa soon since you already won your appeal.
Dear Olasunkanmi , should I try sending HO a letter from MP?
Since it's been more then 4months after appeal won and partner got his visa 4weeks ago.
Have already sent them two reminder letters from my solicitor but nothing happened. Will it be any good to give them phone calls on daily basis or book am appointment with MP, which will be further 3/4 weeks and then get a letter from him?
Only documents I differ from my team member are Passport, Degree , maintinance statement, application form, (Photo), rest are common business documents declaration, legal letters, haven't got any criminal caution, convictions, etc no bad immigration industry.

Thanks in advance, you have been always giving out help and logical imformation.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 am

@ SMNaveed, there is no harm in trying all possible options to get HO to treat your application as soon as possible.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ SMNaveed, there is no harm in trying all possible options to get HO to treat your application as soon as possible.
Thanks, I will try calling them first and if still nothing happens apart from pending status than will send letter from MP.

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Fri May 02, 2014 12:31 am

Today I have called HO, explained the whole scenario to the lady with whom I speak with, quoting reference number.
Following questions were asked:
1. She asked me wether I have received any letter from after the first refusal?
Me: Nothing received after the refusal letter
2. Have you got any dependant applications as well?
Me: No
3. When was your appeal heard and when did you receive decision?
Me: Appeal heard on 5th of December, determination received 18th of December
4: I have nothing for you in the system, then she asked me to stay on the phone while she sends an email to the relevant department. She took about 3/4 minutes and asked me to provide my HO reference number plus personal contact number. Advised me that wether the relevant section will directly contact me and update me about file or she herself will give me call.
I had also requested her to mention in her email to the relevant section that it was a team application and both team members appeals were heard together and judgment was same for both applicants, she said when did my partner revive his BRP or documents? I told her that he has already received his documents and BRP on 28th of March 2014.
She said she will explain this all to the relevant department.

Over all experience was nice and her dealing was good, despite of the fact that she could simple put down phone, saying that nothing in system and wait", but she asked all relevant case information and vowed to get back in 2/3 working days.

Thanks

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 am

Don't worry. All you can do is keep on chasing them.

If your partner got it, you will get it too (unless they find any concern with your immigration history, which is highly unlikely)

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Fri May 02, 2014 4:01 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:Don't worry. All you can do is keep on chasing them.

If your partner got it, you will get it too (unless they find any concern with your immigration history, which is highly unlikely)
Thanks BlackBird, I am also keeping hope for the positive result, since we had all documents in common apart from individual passports, photographs, application forms, degrees etc. I don't have any immigration history issues or any pending proceedings, or cautions, convictions.
Will carry on chasing by any possible means.

Thanks

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri May 02, 2014 5:05 pm

If you think it is taking long, go to your local MP and explain your situation. In this country, MP's actually are much more willing to help you (not like in south asian countries)

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Yes I am thinking to contact MP as well, but want to just give it few more days since I have been advised to wait 2/3 days for a phone call from HO and a update.
If this doesn't work than I will have no more option to seek MP's help.

Thanks

SMNaveed
Newly Registered

Post by SMNaveed » Wed May 07, 2014 8:35 pm

SMNaveed wrote:Today I have called HO, explained the whole scenario to the lady with whom I speak with, quoting reference number.
Following questions were asked:
1. She asked me wether I have received any letter from after the first refusal?
Me: Nothing received after the refusal letter
2. Have you got any dependant applications as well?
Me: No
3. When was your appeal heard and when did you receive decision?
Me: Appeal heard on 5th of December, determination received 18th of December
4: I have nothing for you in the system, then she asked me to stay on the phone while she sends an email to the relevant department. She took about 3/4 minutes and asked me to provide my HO reference number plus personal contact number. Advised me that wether the relevant section will directly contact me and update me about file or she herself will give me call.
I had also requested her to mention in her email to the relevant section that it was a team application and both team members appeals were heard together and judgment was same for both applicants, she said when did my partner revive his BRP or documents? I told her that he has already received his documents and BRP on 28th of March 2014.
She said she will explain this all to the relevant department.

Over all experience was nice and her dealing was good, despite of the fact that she could simple put down phone, saying that nothing in system and wait", but she asked all relevant case information and vowed to get back in 2/3 working days.

Thanks
I called HO again this evening around 4PM, a gentlemen picked up the phone asked me all the details and said the same things which were told to me last week by his colleague i.e. System is not showing any update about your application and all I can see is that last week, a query was sent by colleague to the relevant department to update your application status in the system, but no response has been received back from that department. So all I can say is you have to wait.
Quick TL:
Application : 28/10/2012
Refused: 10/04/2013
Hearing: 5/12/2013
Judgment received: 18/12/2013
After that till date (07/05/2015), no news from HO at all.

& on the other hand on the basis of same judgment and documents :
Partner received request for additional documents on 28/03/2014
Partner received visa : 04/04/2014

Thanks