ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR appeal won, 3 months have passed and no PR!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Grazia
Newly Registered

PR appeal won, 3 months have passed and no PR!

Post by Grazia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi everybody,
It has been some time since I posted here so will give some follow-up on my PR case although there was no much progress.
Brief recap-I won my appeal on 21Jan 2014, then HO applied for permission to appeal but was refused by FTT on 12 Feb 2014 and did not attempt further appeal.
Since then I'm trying to get some info about stage of my application but there is little progress. I called HOBA many times and was advised to allow 6-8 weeks from the determination date before any enquiry. But now it's 13 weeks and all they can tell me is that there is no legal timeframe for issuing PR after appeal. When I ask about progress of my application they say they can't see anything in the system.
I've also sent a number of official letters adressed to my case worker requesting update on my application and it is now 5 weeks since the first letter and no response. In the first letter I attached a copy of the FTT determination.
I also filed official complaint 2 weeks ago and nothing. Neither any info about my PR nor court fee returned.
Is there anything else I can try to find out progress of my application?
Any input and experience sharing is much appreciated.

behold2014

Re: PR appeal won, 3 months have passed and no PR!

Post by behold2014 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:22 pm

why was ur pr refused and why are u expecting fees from court?

Grazia
Newly Registered

Post by Grazia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 pm

behold2014 wrote:why was ur pr refused and why are u expecting fees from court?
It was refused due to lack of CSI and insufficient number of transancions/balance on the bank account.
Judge ruled court fee award in my favour, UKBA has to refund it -not court.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Do you think it would be a good idea to send an email complaining about this to: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk? Don't think it can do any harm.

Re: payment queries, you could try to contact these numbers for the payment section in Liverpool: 0151-2134566/0151-2134568 (one is right and the other is wrong). I don't know if they will deal with your payments as it's court related, but it's always worth a try. You could ask them for a contact in the courts payment section. They might not know of course...

You can contact Your Advice Europe to see if they have any advice for you. They are normally really helpful and often reply within 3 days. They might know of some other way to 'encourage' the Home Office to issue your PR sooner rather than later.

Grazia
Newly Registered

Post by Grazia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:29 pm

chaoclive wrote:Do you think it would be a good idea to send an email complaining about this to: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk? Don't think it can do any harm.

Re: payment queries, you could try to contact these numbers for the payment section in Liverpool: 0151-2134566/0151-2134568 (one is right and the other is wrong). I don't know if they will deal with your payments as it's court related, but it's always worth a try. You could ask them for a contact in the courts payment section. They might not know of course...

You can contact Your Advice Europe to see if they have any advice for you. They are normally really helpful and often reply within 3 days. They might know of some other way to 'encourage' the Home Office to issue your PR sooner rather than later.

Thanks chaoclive! Will try these numbers tomorrow. Also will definitely try Your Advice Europe.
Regarding fee return, as FTT ordered the fee award in my favour it is UKBA that has to refund me the money, not court - I've already clarified this with FTT.
I've already filed official complaint at complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and got confirmation email saying they will deal with it within 20 days - will they? I'll let you know if I hear from them:)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:47 am

Cool It sounds like you are on track. I would definitely get in touch with Your Europe Advice. They're lovely.