ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Case worker -what do they look in the Computer ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TinTinTin

ILR Case worker -what do they look in the Computer ?

Post by TinTinTin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Dear all,
I had my ILR appointment at Croydon PEO and was successfully granted ILR. My thanks to all the members of this forum for answering my queries.

I had few doubts after todays experience.

a) What do the case worker do in the computer ?
a1) What information do they see in their computer ?

b) Do they take a decision based on the supporting docs which we produce ? (I dont think !) The caseworker didnt go point by point of the SET(O) !!

c) Is a decision made by the software on the PC or made by the case worker ?

Any response much appreciated. Just trying to understand the system & process !

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Tin tin tin
Actually that is a question we would ask you
Why doesn't someone during the appt ask questions during the process, be curious and help the board please

Minhua Ma
Newly Registered

Post by Minhua Ma » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:40 am

Nobody knows!

syk
Newly Registered

Post by syk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:05 pm

It looks like some criteria are pre-set in the system, with a series of if-then-else queries (those with an IT or process background would follow my meaning). If the case is straight forward, then the decision can be made on the spot otherwise, it is referred to a more senior case worker or to the relevant unit.
Congrats on your ILR anyway.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:40 pm

syk wrote:It looks like some criteria are pre-set in the system, with a series of if-then-else queries (those with an IT or process background would follow my meaning). If the case is straight forward, then the decision can be made on the spot otherwise, it is referred to a more senior case worker or to the relevant unit.
Yeah that is understandable but still doesnt help us out.
If we knew what were those questions, then you'd know whether to bother going for premium service

Whoever goes next, just ask you might get a chatty officer

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:43 pm

SYH wrote:
syk wrote:It looks like some criteria are pre-set in the system, with a series of if-then-else queries (those with an IT or process background would follow my meaning). If the case is straight forward, then the decision can be made on the spot otherwise, it is referred to a more senior case worker or to the relevant unit.
Yeah that is understandable but still doesnt help us out.
If we knew what were those questions, then you'd know whether to bother going for premium service

Whoever goes next, just ask you might get a chatty officer
We're (ie my place of work) are currently in the running for the new E-Borders system which I presume will be another huge project funded by ILR applicants!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

syk
Newly Registered

Post by syk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:04 pm

wanderer, that's a good one! I can see those fees going up soon. I remember the outcry when they started charging £150.

However, the system should not be complicated with only 8 major categories of ILR applications, unless they make provisions for all concessions and appeals obviously

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:33 pm

Tin tin tin
Actually that is a question we would ask you
Why doesn't someone during the appt ask questions during the process, be curious and help the board please

Because we are all too busy praying.

And asking that will set off alarm bells?
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night