ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

???????????????????????????????????????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gjkris
Newly Registered

???????????????????????????????????????

Post by gjkris » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi fellow members

Its nice to see this forum is helping in clarifying personal, common issues and bringing awareness to others as well .
Last edited by gjkris on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:55 pm

I think it is,

If WP holder A gets a dependent's visa for WP holder B, then he can be added to B's ILR application. But he needs to be on a dependent's visa to do this.

You won't get ILR if B gets her ILR and you simply provide a marriage certificate, no. What you can do, as an alternative to the option above, is after B gets her ILR, A applies for a spouse visa, and after 2 years you apply for ILR. But this is 2 years longer than the option above. So it is better to apply for a dependent's visa, that way you both get ILR in 2008 rather than B getting hers in 2008 and A his in 2010.

gjkris
Newly Registered

Great thanks for sharing

Post by gjkris » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:12 pm

Thanks buddy ):-
Last edited by gjkris on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Great thanks for sharing

Post by sakura » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:27 pm

gjkris wrote:Thanks buddy ):-

Got it what you mean the second scenario. ILR at 2010 ...

But in first case, say if

B on his 4.8 yrs resident, at that time A gets married to B and A will change to Spouse visa.

So after 4 months while B applying for ILR can A can also apply together for ILR.

Thanks
Kris
You need to be on a dependent visa to apply for ILR together - that's the only option (I think!).

So, if you married tomorrow, then immediately transfer A to dependent's visa, then in 4 months both obtain ILR together. A spouse visa is only issued to British citizens and people on ILR/PR. If you are on a spouse visa, you need to fulfil the full two-years qualifying period for ILR.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: ???????????????????????????????????????

Post by olisun » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:35 pm

gjkris wrote:Hi fellow members

Its nice to see this forum is helping in clarifying personal, common issues and bringing awareness to others as well .

Here we go

A - Work permit ( 5 yrs status) currently in his second year
B - work permit (5 yr status) currently in fourth year

A and B are married now with the above status.

Will it be worth for A to change his visa to Dependant. So that B gets PR in one year time and A can apply for PR saying A been Dependant to her for last one year.

Or

Can A remain in the same status of work permit and after B get PR in a year, will A can get PR showing marriage certificate to Home office.

Think i might be the first person to enquire the above issue.

If not sorry to repeat again.

cheers
Kris

p.s Just to attract people my subject was like that. Please don't mind folks
I would suggest B get the ILR first before B becoming a dependant of A.

What if god forbid, B looses his / her job?

PASS

Post by PASS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:07 pm

I personally feel that these kind of topics with subject ??????????????????????
should be ignored and shouldn't be answered. If you can't even think of a topic, please do not post any.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm with PASS. Why should anyone bother to help those who are too arrogant or immature to ask properly?

gjkris
Newly Registered

: Hmmmmm

Post by gjkris » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Cool

Wonder arrogant and immature defination by fellow OL7MAX members is

A person who is asking question on what will happen with a question mark as subject

And also said sorry for those who feel its not the way.

Anyway dont like to listen to what people say who have time in commenting others but no time in helping the issue.

Back to my issue

Sakura, i got it what you mean, used spouse visa becos u have in your message,, later your second time explanation i have learnt what you said, its for citizen and plr people partner only.

So i am in to assumption now

A changing his visa to dependant visa, before 4 months back of B getting ILR. so when the final 5 yr date come than both can apply for ILR with out any issues

Thanks mate, great help by you.

Olisum thanks for your concern, am right now in 4 months period consideration. so God wont be too harsh to lose the job for B in 4 months time, common he is not immature like me or arrogant, Hope OL7MAX will be with me now.

Hey was jus kidding, anyway thanks for everyone time for this.

Do help peple when there is some issues which is not shared in this forum to my knowledge

Kris

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:29 pm

Regarding subject lines ...

I'm not gonna get too nit-picky over it.

gjkris, please don't take this personally. I'm using your attention-getting subject to speak to everyone who clicks through.

What I will now do is offer a small sermon on alternative viewpoints. Please do read, thank you.

A concise subject line that describes the content of an enquiry has several functions.

It primarily respects the time of members by not 'forcing' them to click through to see what it is about. Imagine if 20 people decided to use such "creative" tactics. In each forum. Every day.

Members (& mods & admin) can then safely ignore certain threads that do not require their attention.

Yes, you may argue that no one is being 'forced' to click through. Yet, on a specialty board like this, it's not entirely true. Some people sort of 'have to' so they don't miss something important.

It is disappointing when it turns out to be a topic that could have otherwise been ignored.

The same issue arises daily when people post equally creative subjects such as "HELP!!!!!!" and "VISA" and "i dont know wut 2 do." We pick up our shattered lives and move on.

Consider, also, that it affects the search capability and the browse-friendliness of the forum, which makes it such a resource for thousands of people.

Maybe also consider the half dozen or more more experienced members who could have offered direct assistance, but they didn't feel 'forced' to click through.

Thus depriving you, as well as other members, of their valuable commentary, knowledge and experience.

Nobody will be banned or 'spanked' for their subject lines around here, unless there is some form of uncivilized abuse involved.

But, I also reserve the privilege to lecture & otherwise try to remind & guide folks into thinking about the larger picture ....

Please respect the time & energy of our large, international community here. A courteous, concise and descriptive subject line is only one possible venue.

Please also think of the folks who will come later on & search the forum for assistance and topics already solved ... it really helps them find what they need and scan through large amounts of data.

That is all. Thank you for listening. Please play nicely.

the Admin

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Well said, Administrator! Let's just hope that people take note :wink: