ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mskemails
Newly Registered

English requirement for British Citizenship

Post by mskemails » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi

I am planning to apply for British citizenship for me and wife, I have a query regarding English Requirement

myself and wife taught degree in English in one of the Indian University, Do I have to get the NARIC comparison letter?

I found that we can take a print out of the Point for English form "Point based calculator" from UKBA website
but I am not able to find any option to select "citizenship", I can see only "General Tier-1", "General Tier 2"..etc options on the dropdown selection boxes..

which one should I use ? or is that irrelevant ? Can I select any Tier -1 general and click next, next...

answer "yes" for
Do you have a valid Certificate from a sponsor?
Are you going to be earning at least the appropriate salary for this category?

and "select"
"I have a UK Bachelor degree-equivalent qualification (or above) that was taught in English" option

I can see my university and course details...

and take print out of the final page "10 Points" and submit along with other documents, Is that ok ?

Can any one confirm this?

Regards
MSK.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: English requirement for British Citizenship

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Yes you need Statement of comparability from NARIC . It is mandatory in your case
and
You need to have a letter from univ stating that your degree is taught in English..

Currently in FORM AN application there are some mistakes.. to make ur application foolproof apply for English langauge assesment as well..

I think you have to Choose Tier 1 General !!!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 62961.html

mskemails
Newly Registered

Post by mskemails » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi IndiMarshall

Thanks for your help

what do you mean by English Language assessment , do you suggest me to take any exams?

even though my Master degree taught in English and the university details are available in UKBA points based calculator. Do I need to take the "comparison" letter from NARIC?

Regards
Karthik

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:03 pm

mskemails wrote:Hi IndiMarshall

Thanks for your help

what do you mean by English Language assessment , do you suggest me to take any exams?

even though my Master degree taught in English and the university details are available in UKBA points based calculator. Do I need to take the "comparison" letter from NARIC?

Regards
Karthik
Choose statement of comparability .. thats mandatory ..
http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individua ... fault.aspx

English langauge assesment is not mandatory ..but its better to have it rather than having a query and slowing down ur application..
No need to write exams.. follow the instructions..

Do u have a separate letter from your Univ stating that your degreee is taught in English ?

mskemails
Newly Registered

Post by mskemails » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:27 pm

No, I don't have any letter like that, I need to get that if I strictly need to go with NARIC route (instead of using print out from the Points calculator )

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:31 pm

mskemails wrote:No, I don't have any letter like that, I need to get that if I strictly need to go with NARIC route (instead of using print out from the Points calculator )

Even without ELA you may get through... but u need all the other things that I mentioned as on today acccording to Form AN, Guide AN and https://www.gov.uk/english-language as on today ..... otherwise do not apply at the moment and waste your valuable time ..

mskemails
Newly Registered

Post by mskemails » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Ok Thanks ..

just to conclude our discussion,

I will get the following from NARIC using my degree certificate and letter from UNI (course taught in English) then apply.

•A UK NARIC Statement of Comparability
•UK NARIC English Language Assessment

and I don't need to pass any exam for English and no need to use the print out from "Point based Calculator".

many thanks for your help

MSK

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:40 pm

mskemails wrote:Ok Thanks ..

just to conclude our discussion,

I will get the following from NARIC using my degree certificate and letter from UNI (course taught in English) then apply.

•A UK NARIC Statement of Comparability
•UK NARIC English Language Assessment

and I don't need to pass any exam for English and no need to use the print out from "Point based Calculator".

many thanks for your help

MSK
No need to pass any tests..

Send scanned and original copies of
Degree certificate
Consolidate mark sheet from Uni
for Statement of comparability

Send scanned and original copies of
Degree certificate of Uni
Consolidate mark sheet of Uni
letter from Univ stating your degree is taught in English.

for English lang assesment..

Accc to application u dont need printout of points based calculator..but take it and send it.. as it wont cost a penny :D