ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner need to attend PEO appointment FLR(M) Unmarried?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blobfish
Newly Registered

Partner need to attend PEO appointment FLR(M) Unmarried?

Post by blobfish » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wondered that if the partner/sponsor need to attend the PEO appointment for FLR(M) Unmarried partnership appointment? Can't really find anything on the home office website about it.

If yes, when filling the appointment for, they asked: "How many other people do you want to book an appointment for?" Shall I still choose 0?
(The note on the application for is: Do not include yourself in this number.
You can book an appointment for yourself and any dependants who are applying at the same time as you.
If you are applying as a dependant of someone else, you can include other people in your appointment if they are dependant on the same person.)

Thanks in advance!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Partner need to attend PEO appointment FLR(M) Unmarried?

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Yes they do. If they're unable to attend they need to submit a letter explaining their absence and giving a contact telephone number. However, you only count yourself as the applicant.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

blobfish
Newly Registered

Post by blobfish » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Thank you for your swift reply! That's very helpful. So i only need to book myself for appointment and they will let my partner in as well, right?

Casa wrote:Yes they do. If they're unable to attend they need to submit a letter explaining their absence and giving a contact telephone number. However, you only count yourself as the applicant.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Yes.

yaletown605
Newly Registered

Post by yaletown605 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 pm

I am so happy to have found this forum.

I have an appointment at the PEO office for FLR (M) visa. We have our lawyer prepared it and he is happy that we have all the necessary info and finance documents. The appointment is on Wednesday and that is when my partner/sponsor's teaching day at the University. He just got that job and is still on probation period and there is no one to take over is class. he would come with me of course but I am afraid that would sriously jeopardized his work. He is happy to provide a affadavit to show his support and a phone number to call. Am i still ok? Has people been turn down because sponsor didn't show up?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:58 pm

The sponsor should write a letter supporting the application and giving his/her contact details including a phone number should contact be required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.