ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone applied for EEA family permit from Ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Has anyone applied for EEA family permit from Ireland

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi

Is there anyone who has applied for EEA family permit from Ireland?

Looking fr some help on the new application form?

Pls share your experience.

Thanks,

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Has anyone applied for EEA family permit from Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 pm

The online application form will be the same no matter where you apply. Just go ahead and ask your questions...I'm sure someone will pick up on them.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:47 pm

chaoclive wrote:The online application form will be the same no matter where you apply. Just go ahead and ask your questions...I'm sure someone will pick up on them.
Thank you Chaoclive

My query is regarding to the extra questions on the form re financials, employment details, sponsor or friends in the UK information? Do I need to fill all lot of this info on the form and then do I need to provide evidence like bnk stmts, leave from work or accommodation details in the uk?

Please someone can suggest a list of mandatory docs I need to provide for this EEA family permit. I have not seen any post or blog where there is a list of all the docs.

From my understanding, I will enclose the below however if anyone thinks the list is too long or short please suggest your inputs-

Both passprts
Permission to stay in Ireland
passprt photos
Proof of relationship
Proof of residing together in ireland
Letter from EU citizen to confirm our travels together

Please suggest if im on the right track?

Thanks,

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:09 pm

See here for some more details about the things that you might need to provide:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 90952.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... ml#p520097

From the above two posts you will see that many people recommend that you can just write something like "N/A for EEA Applications"

Your list of documents will be enough unless see below...

NOTE: If you are trying to use the Surinder Singh route and you are British then you will need to provide evidence of having exercised your treaty rights in Ireland (or other EEA country). If you are Irish (or other EEA) you won't need to provide this. Please note that if you have British citizenship (even if you have another EEA citizenship) you still need to prove that you have exercised treaty rights in the other country.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:10 pm

chaoclive wrote:See here for some more details about the things that you might need to provide:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 90952.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... ml#p520097

From the above two posts you will see that many people recommend that you can just write something like "N/A for EEA Applications"

Your list of documents will be enough unless see below...

NOTE: If you are trying to use the Surinder Singh route and you are British then you will need to provide evidence of having exercised your treaty rights in Ireland (or other EEA country). If you are Irish (or other EEA) you won't need to provide this. Please note that if you have British citizenship (even if you have another EEA citizenship) you still need to prove that you have exercised treaty rights in the other country.

Hi Chaoclive

Thnks for the response.

I read both the posts carefully and realised that I dont need to submit all the documentations as asked by them. Also this time I am only going to visit the UK therefore not mking use of the Surinder Singh route.

Therefore Im just going to submit the relevant documents as per the EU law and see what happens.

Thanks again

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Is your family member British?

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:20 pm

chaoclive wrote:Is your family member British?

Hi Chaoclive

Sorry for the delay in the reply. My husband is British and I am a visa national required national. Therefore I just wanted to ask if I can use EEA family permit to visit the UK or do I need to apply for the visitor visa to the UK?

Thank you