ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ken218

Re: Applying for British Passport online

Post by ken218 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:24 am

teenboy wrote:
ken218 wrote:a bit of news from the sad side - I just received a text message from HM passport saying my application is received, etc, etc.
This is 4 weeks after I sent them the online form, or a week after I sent them the second form. :(
I applied 2 weeks ago, so I should not expect any progress for next 2-3 weeks. This is not pleasant news for me.
I sent feedback to disable the option, but of no use.
If you are treated the same way as me and malafat, you should receive the application form next week. If you are lucky, maybe you will get the interview letter :D

malafat

Post by malafat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:02 pm

good news
recieved the passport today

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: online but requested to fill in a form again
Date of application: 21-03-14 but then I was requested to fill & send the form on 10-04-13 (please refer to my previous posts)
Date application received by IPS: Original application was received on 24-03-14(mail tracking), the paper form was received on 15-04-14 (got an sms)
Date of return of documents: 22-04-14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 17-04-14
Date of Passport Appointment: 19-04-14
Date of Passport Receipt: 25-04-14 (issued on 19-04-14)

There are some funny things I want you to note:

1 ) When you call to track your application they don't see the actual status. Just a couple of hours ago, I gave them ring and surprisingly they even didn't know that I had my interview! Not sure what the online application tracking system would have shown but clearly their records are not up to date.

2) On my initial application I opted for braille sticker (surely by mistake!) then in the paper form I didn't. The passport arrived today without a braille sticker which I think shows that they only considered the paper form application and kept the photos and the money from online application. So you may well try tracking your paper application not sure if there is any unique number enables that!

so good luck with other online system victims :P

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:50 am

malafat wrote:good news
recieved the passport today

Application Type: New
Method of application: online but requested to fill in a form again
Date of application: 21-03-14 but then I was requested to fill & send the form on 10-04-13 (please refer to my previous posts)
Date application received by IPS: Original application was received on 24-03-14(mail tracking), the paper form was received on 15-04-14 (got an sms)
Date of return of documents: 22-04-14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 17-04-14
Date of Passport Appointment: 19-04-14
Date of Passport Receipt: 25-04-14 (issued on 19-04-14)

There are some funny things I want you to note:

1 ) When you call to track your application they don't see the actual status. Just a couple of hours ago, I gave them ring and surprisingly they even didn't know that I had my interview! Not sure what the online application tracking system would have shown but clearly their records are not up to date.

2) On my initial application I opted for braille sticker (surely by mistake!) then in the paper form I didn't. The passport arrived today without a braille sticker which I think shows that they only considered the paper form application and kept the photos and the money from online application. So you may well try tracking your paper application not sure if there is any unique number enables that!

so good luck with other online system victims :P
Congrats. I hope, people will learn from our experience.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:27 pm

Can anyone confirm, in the Online Application (not the paper one) for British Passport, does it ask for your parents details such as their name, country of birth etc? I just need someone to confirm if this is the case or not. I'm asking in context of a naturalised citizen.

I got a call asking for parents details while I could've sworn in the online application I was not asked about parents details!

I thought parents details are only if you are born in uk or adopted, not in case of naturalised or registered, as shown in page 9 of application guidance booklet that comes with paper application.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

itsmetoo
Newly Registered

Post by itsmetoo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 am

sh1981 wrote:Can anyone confirm, in the Online Application (not the paper one) for British Passport, does it ask for your parents details such as their name, country of birth etc? I just need someone to confirm if this is the case or not. I'm asking in context of a naturalised citizen.

I got a call asking for parents details while I could've sworn in the online application I was not asked about parents details!

I thought parents details are only if you are born in uk or adopted, not in case of naturalised or registered, as shown in page 9 of application guidance booklet that comes with paper application.
Sh1981 , you are right , no parent details are asked in the online form , but from this forum it seems that they are asking the paper form to fill for the sAme at later date.

Did they call you one phone and took the details?

I have also applied online but no contact yet....

Did they ask you to fill in a new form?

Best wishes

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:11 pm

itsmetoo wrote:
sh1981 wrote:Can anyone confirm, in the Online Application (not the paper one) for British Passport, does it ask for your parents details such as their name, country of birth etc? I just need someone to confirm if this is the case or not. I'm asking in context of a naturalised citizen.

Sh1981 , you are right , no parent details are asked in the online form , but from this forum it seems that they are asking the paper form to fill for the sAme at later date.

Did they call you one phone and took the details?

I have also applied online but no contact yet....

Did they ask you to fill in a new form?

Best wishes
No they didnt ask for details on phone, I insisted but they said we will write to you. I just wonder why they called in first place, did they need permission to write me a letter? lol

They didnt say they wanted me to fill a new form just siad we need your parents details in 'writing'. If they ask me to fill a new form i'm going to be quite disappointed. Would I have to get it countersigned again?
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

ken218

Post by ken218 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:43 pm

sh1981 wrote:No they didnt ask for details on phone, I insisted but they said we will write to you. I just wonder why they called in first place, did they need permission to write me a letter? lol
They didnt say they wanted me to fill a new form just siad we need your parents details in 'writing'. If they ask me to fill a new form i'm going to be quite disappointed. Would I have to get it countersigned again?
HMPO did ask me to get the form countersigned :(

ken218

Post by ken218 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Bit of update for my application -
I received the interview letter on 26/04/2014, dated 24/04/2014.
Online application status is now: Please contact us
Appointment booked at Chelmsford for 01/05/2014. If I was to book an appointment at Victoria, I would have to wait till 08/05/2014.
I almost see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:45 pm

ken218 wrote:Bit of update for my application -
Appointment booked at Chelmsford for 01/05/2014. If I was to book an appointment at Victoria, I would have to wait till 08/05/2014.
The end is near Ken218.

I got my letter on 23rd April (dated 21st) and got an appointment at Victoria for today (27th) so interview all done and just waiting now for the delivery of my foreign passport and docs and my new passport :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am

ken218 wrote:Bit of update for my application -
Glad to hear and congratulations.

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 am

No news on my application yet. I had applied on the 3rd and the documents were received at the passport office on the 7th.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:18 am

Hi all,

I got my son's certificate of registration as a British Citizen recently and decided to use the online application form. It clearly asked for both parent's detail in the application. I filled in the application on 24th April so I don't know if they have made these changes recently or not. I was asked to fill in both parent's (me and my wife in this case as the application was for our son's first British passport) DOB, Town and country of birth and nationality. I still need to send my application as I have not got the countersignature done yet.

Hope this helps people in the future.

Regards,
Regards,
KM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:53 am

@Kmunir - as you applied for a child's passport, this would probably be correct.

All the other hassles and issues relate to a first adult passport application.

Hopefully your experience is better than some members who used the new system for adult passports.

My personal opinion is that until the Beta system becomes better and not Beta, I would advise using the paper form from the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am

kmunir wrote:Hi all,

I got my son's certificate of registration as a British Citizen recently and decided to use the online application form. It clearly asked for both parent's detail in the application. I filled in the application on 24th April so I don't know if they have made these changes recently or not. I was asked to fill in both parent's (me and my wife in this case as the application was for our son's first British passport) DOB, Town and country of birth and nationality. I still need to send my application as I have not got the countersignature done yet.

Hope this helps people in the future.

Regards,
We had 2 adult applications and a minor application.

Our experiences with the application for the minor was similar to what you have.
The adult applications on the other hand did not ask for parent details. This made sense since we were applying as naturalised citizens and were not claiming citizenship by descent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 pm

spui wrote:We had 2 adult applications and a minor application.

Our experiences with the application for the minor was similar to what you have.
The adult applications on the other hand did not ask for parent details. This made sense since we were applying as naturalised citizens and were not claiming citizenship by descent.
Parents details are required for adults who naturalise as a reference to confirm your identity. You will probably receive a letter/form to complete the relevant section and send it back to HMPO, as experienced by members who have posted in this thread.

At the passport interview stage, you will be asked questions about your parents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Just got my son's passport. Now waiting for letters from the passport office for my wife and me.

Timeline for my son(minor):
Passport application: 02-04-2014
Declaration & Documents sent on: 07-04-2014
Passport received: 28-04-2014

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 am

malafat wrote:
ken218 wrote:The reference number is the ten digit barcode number on the original form. But I agree, don't send it yet, it will make the poor feller even more confused.
I was given some additional numbers/codes to direct it to the my caseworker. Literally It had a sticker label and they asked me to stick it

also the address was different than the normal Peterborough HMPO address.

Malafat,
I should have read this forum before I even applied for my passport on the 10th of April!
Anyway, where did you send your second form? Was it the Liverpool address just as Ken 218 sent his?
Thanks.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:45 am

konkman wrote: Malafat,
I should have read this forum before I even applied for my passport on the 10th of April!
Anyway, where did you send your second form? Was it the Liverpool address just as Ken 218 sent his?
Thanks.
Don't attempt to just send them a new form. The sticker provided has the case workers name on it. If you just send them the new form I think they will get utterly confused.

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:48 am

I've received the new forms today asking me to fill in my details onto a paper form.

This sucks.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:19 am

Received my supporting documents today out of blue. :-/

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 pm

ken218 wrote:Received my supporting documents today out of blue. :-/

Thanks Ken218.
That is actually the key thing that I need: My non-British passport. I am travelling for a wedding on 9th June and I stupidly thought online application would make it faster.

I am now trying to figure out how to get my passport before 9th June if things delay. Any suggestion guys?
Thanks.

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:52 pm

spui wrote:I've received the new forms today asking me to fill in my details onto a paper form.

This sucks.

Spui,
Is the new form similar to the one at the post office?
I am probably better off filling the form and waiting until I get the letter/sticker and then do it the same day. What do you guys think?

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 pm

konkman wrote:
spui wrote:I've received the new forms today asking me to fill in my details onto a paper form.
This sucks.
Spui,
Is the new form similar to the one at the post office?
I am probably better off filling the form and waiting until I get the letter/sticker and then do it the same day. What do you guys think?
Malafat and I both received the standard post office form, so I believe you can fill in the form first.
Also, it doesn't matter if you use the form they sent you or a form you sourced somewhere else (as long as it is the same format). I made some mistakes on the form they sent me, so I used a different form at the end, and it still got processed.

The Avatar
Newly Registered

Post by The Avatar » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Applied online and regret :x already but lets see how it goes. I put my parents details in a cover letter, not sure if this will make a difference but hey...

Application Timeline

Application Type: New (Naturalised)
Method of application: Online
Date of application: 25/04/2014 (posted special delivery on 28/04/2014)
Date sms received :
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:12 pm

The Avatar wrote:Applied online and regret :x already but lets see how it goes. I put my parents details in a cover letter, not sure if this will make a difference but hey...
This might be another way round the issue. Please keep us posted.