ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR before HSMP decision?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetpea35
Newly Registered

FLR before HSMP decision?

Post by sweetpea35 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:24 pm

Hello!

My HSMP application is with the Home Office, but they have asked me to send in an FLR application now. I'm confused because I thought this application happens AFTER the HSMP decision.

Also, how long does the FLR decision take? I'm planning on travelling at the end of August and will need my passport.

Cheers!

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:55 am

The only reason to do submit the FLR now is if your visa is about to expire.

They'll make a decision on the FLR after the HSMP is decided.
________
Oregon Dispensary
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sweetpea35
Newly Registered

Thanks WoodieG

Post by sweetpea35 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:11 am

I guess technically my visa has expired because I was here on a work permit. But if they grant me an HSMP visa, and then the FLR, do I still have to go home to the States for an Entry Clearance visa?

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:48 am

If your FLR is granted then you do not need to go home for Entry Clearance.

However, if your work permit visa has expired then your FLR application could be rejected on that basis.
________
Herbal vaporizers
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 am

You can send the documents and apply for FLR(HSMP), the condition is

FLR(HSMP) is only granted when your initial HSMP is approved.

If they reject your initial HSMP then they will give you 27 days to leave the country.

sweetpea35
Newly Registered

Thanks Woodie G and Sham111

Post by sweetpea35 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 pm

I just rang the Home Office, and now they say that I can do either - I can apply for the FLR or an Entry Clearance from the States. So confusing! What do you guys recommend? Is one better than the other or easier than the other? I already have a trip booked for the States at the end of the month.

Thanks again for your responses! These boards are the only place that seem to offer clear information!

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:37 pm

sweetpea

Applying for entry clearance from the consulates in the US seems to be quicker (turnaround inside a week, rather than a few weeks), cheaper ($432 rather than £335), and subject to less scrutiny than the FLR. (And if you're already scheduled to fly back ... )

The question I would have is whether doing this would reset the settlement clock.

AG

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:46 pm

gordon wrote:sweetpea

Applying for entry clearance from the consulates in the US seems to be quicker (turnaround inside a week, rather than a few weeks), cheaper ($432 rather than £335), and subject to less scrutiny than the FLR. (And if you're already scheduled to fly back ... )

The question I would have is whether doing this would reset the settlement clock.

AG
But then he has to fly back so that's not cheaper, frankly I wouldn't reset the clock and since they first suggested he apply for flr now, I'd do that and quick before it expires

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:51 pm

I just realised that sweetpea was flying back 'at the end of the month' of August, not July. Perhaps it does make more sense to get the FLR in the UK right now (even if it does cost more) if that means that sweetpea avoids resetting the settlement clock. AG

sweetpea35
Newly Registered

You guys are great!

Post by sweetpea35 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:24 am

Thanks very much for all the helpful advice gordon and SYH! I'll send in my FLR application and go home anyway.