ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does everyone need to give proof of absenses?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nacir
Newly Registered

Does everyone need to give proof of absenses?

Post by nacir » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi, I have been in the UK since 2009 on Tier 1 General. I am going to apply for ILR in September 2014. During the last five years, I visited Pakistan twice, first time I stayed in Pakistan for 8 days and second time I stayed there for about 21 days. This was purely a family visit, as I went there to attend my brother's and sister's weddings. When I visited Pakistan, I was working as a manager in a company that has now closed down.

My question is that do I need to provide proof of absenses? Do I need to take letters from my employers that I was granted leave to visit my family? Or is there no need for me to provide such a letter/ proof?

Please accept my apology if this question has been answered before...

nacir
Newly Registered

Re: Does everyone need to give proof of absenses?

Post by nacir » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Further to this question, I'll really appreciate if you could help me with another question please.

Is it mandatory for me to attach a print-out of the Point Based Calculator when I apply for ILR? The reason I'm asking this is because I was awarded 30 points for my degree at the time of initial grant (I had a Pakistani Master's degree, which was equivalent to British Bachelor's degree, hence 30 points). Now when I go to Point Based Calculator, it's quite confusing. I can not see my university it the PBS calculator and if I select a band, it does not award me 30 points.

I'll really appreciate if you answer two of my questions that I've posted in this thread:

1. Do I need to provide a letter from my previous employer confirming that I was given leave to attend my sister's wedding in Pakistan? (i.e. Do I need to provide proof of absences signed by my previous employer at the time of applying for ILR?)
2. Is it compulsory to attach a print-out of the Point Based Calculator?

Your little help will save me about £700, because it's a confusion that will ultimately compel me to seek a solicitor's advice and I will end up paying him round about £600-£700. Other than this, my case is pretty straight-forward.

Thanks and regards

sky2020

Re: Does everyone need to give proof of absenses?

Post by sky2020 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:27 pm

1. Do I need to provide a letter from my previous employer confirming that I was given leave to attend my sister's wedding in Pakistan? (i.e. Do I need to provide proof of absences signed by my previous employer at the time of applying for ILR?)
As per document YES, But as per people experiences NO if <180, if you cant get it write self letter explaining away times and good if you prepare your evidences (ticket booking etc)

2. Is it compulsory to attach a print-out of the Point Based Calculator?
Yes, If you using for KOLL req and using degree as your proof and have no Naric comparability letter

S