ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skashif87
Newly Registered

MN1 for Child

Post by skashif87 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Hello,
My husband recently received ILR on 10 years Long Residency. One of our child is born in August 2012 but we haven't made the Passport or visa for her since the baby was born in UK and haven't travelled abroad. We belong from Pakistan. In such case is the passport and the visa for the baby still required while applying for MN1? My husband was on Student Visa when the child was born. We also have her Birth Certificate!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 for Child

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:13 am

The child is now entitled to be registered as British by section 1(3) BNA 1981 the child's immigration status is immaterial to the MN1 application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:48 am

I have obtain LR and my wife is still on tier-1 dependent . Is it possible for me to apply for MN1 ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:50 am

One parent ILR is enough (for UK born child).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Dear Jambo

Thanks for your answer.

rasheedabdul786

Post by rasheedabdul786 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:44 pm

benneviss wrote:I have obtain LR and my wife is still on tier-1 dependent . Is it possible for me to apply for MN1 ?
Hi benneviss,
I am in the same situation like yours.I got ilr on 24-04-2014 and my wife is still on tier-1 dependent and i want to apply for mn1 for my 3yrs old son born in u.k.If u have applied for MN1 can u plz tell me what documents need to be send along with application form and do i need to send my wife's tier-1 general visa copy bcoz in mn1 form they are asking about both parents ILR granted date.little confused about this if only one parent ilr is enough to apply for mn1 ? any advice and help would be really appreciated..thanks

Regards
rasheed