ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 Permit - CoA Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

euresidentGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA 2 Permit - CoA Help

Post by euresidentGB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi,
Can someone help me? I am a British citizen and have been working (seconded from the UK) in Sweden for a couple of years and returning back to the UK late last year. Whilst in Sweden, I married my wife who is a non EEA citizen and she received a Sweden residency card to join me in Sweden which we lived together for a year. We returned to the UK with a 6 month family permit which was issued by the British embassy in Sweden.

We have submitted all the documentation required for a EEA 2 residency card via Surinder Singh case since returning i.e. marriage certificate, joint credit card statements, joint bank statements in sweden, employment contract back in the UK etc.
Submitted on 3rd of March 2014
CoA issued 11th of March 2014.

The issue is the CoA does not confirm her right to work. Is this possible? Would I be able to challenge this?

I don't understand why. She is frustrated as she has not been working while in Sweden due to language issues i.e. Swedish and she wont be able to at least for another 6 months.

Will she be able to enroll for any courses with the CoA? All universities seem to ask for a study visa?

Many thanks for your help!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA 2 Permit - CoA Help

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Are you sure you got the COA? And not just a receipt?

If it says 'Certificate of Application' on the letter then it's a COA.

There are quite a few people who have had this problem. You might want to search in the search box at the top of the site.

Also, see here for some ideas: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 59095.html

euresidentGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by euresidentGB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:07 pm

It does say CoA.

Do you know if we can send in additional information. I should have included it to strengthen my case but forgot?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:56 pm

If you have a name/number for the case worker that dealt with your case, you can contact them and ask why your spouse wasn't given the right to work.

I'm not sure how this would actually work if you don't have their contact details. I have noticed this kind of stuff on the EEA Route thread before. You might want to search.

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 pm

On the Certificate of Application there is a name at the bottom of the letter, I'm presuming this is the caseworker's name?

There is no email address given, there is an 0845 no. listed on the top right hand corner of the letter, along with the Liverpool address and Liverpool dialling code fax no. We contacted them on 01516725626, which is the number most people on the EEA update threads say that they get through on.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:57 pm

If you don't get a response by calling them then send a fax. That might be all you have to go on. Or search for the case workers name online...there might be an email address somewhere! Always worth a try...

euresidentGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by euresidentGB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Thank you!
The letter we received did not give any phone number, fax number or even an email address. It was all left blank!

I have a name who he says he is from the data Processing team. Not sure if it is the same as a case worker?

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:14 pm

That sounds very odd that you don't have those details on your letter. If you want their fax no., it's 0151 213 1961.

euresidentGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by euresidentGB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:04 pm

one more thing. can you let me know where you sent the letter to? the address on the letter was

Reporting Centre
Ground Floor
Union Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Sorry, only seeing this today.

Firstly, the fax number I gave you does not work. It is the one that is given on our COA letter but it's pointless that's it's even printed on the letter. My husband phoned them to check if there was another one but they said no! The only way of contacting your caseworker is by post. The postal address we were given is different from yours, perhaps as you are applying for the EEA2 via the SS route.

Have you had any news since?

euresidentGB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by euresidentGB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Just to let you know. My wife received her passport with her residency card. Time line is as follows:

March 3rd submission.
March 14th - CoA received but with no right to work
March 17th - called and asked why.
March 24th - new CoA with right to work
RC received April 23rd!

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:11 pm

congratulations .I have noticed under singh route if returning British citizen has exercised treaty right apart from Ireland and if they exercised over 9 months treaty in other eu state home office issued RC QUICKLY.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:59 am

Wow, you are lucky. We applied for my husband on the 18th of March, he also received a 'no right to work' COA. On the 28th I sent a letter to the caseworker (with no name). Th COA had no contacts details on the letter, no email, no phone, no fax.
We haven't received the correct one. I hope we get the RC that quickly too!!

I exercised my rights in Ireland, I was there for about a year and my husband received a 5 year RC under Eu Fam in Ireland.
Why do you say apart from Ireland?? :(
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Jellybean105 wrote:Wow, you are lucky. We applied for my husband on the 18th of March, he also received a 'no right to work' COA. On the 28th I sent a letter to the caseworker (with no name). Th COA had no contacts details on the letter, no email, no phone, no fax.
We haven't received the correct one. I hope we get the RC that quickly too!!

I exercised my rights in Ireland, I was there for about a year and my husband received a 5 year RC under Eu Fam in Ireland.
Why do you say apart from Ireland?? :(
THERE IS NO WHERE MENTION ABOUT IRELAND , BUT I HAVE noticed on forum people who have exercised treaty rights in rest of Europe and over 9 months in that cases RC WERE ISSUED QUICKE.
about Ireland we know soon from your timeline how long your husbands case takes .
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>