ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:23 pm

tanz5656 wrote:My friend wife did course in English language from

Edexcel
Entry level 3 speaking and listening
Is this acceptable for home office
If u Google the list of home office acceptable English language on the Internet or on UKVI website I believe u can get it.
Hope this helps
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:33 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:Hi Shahsahab,
Quite a few members have come up with this news that apparently prior to 09th July 2012 FLR(M) dependents are getting 2 years visas and are applying and getting straight ILR on SET(M). This is very good news, but I hope some one can post their experience and we get some clarity on the situation.
One more information that I wanted to clarify on was that, I was going through SET(M) forms and there is a mention of Premium service and extra cost for that, but when you check the fee section there is only one set of fee mentioned, no premium service fee is mentioned there. Any body got any idea about the fee ??? Please share. thanks.
Kind regards
Sshahjee
shahsahab wrote: Hi amber

Can u plz comment on the recent update on the forum

"
KASHIF830 wrote:
Hi Friends,

Just let you know guys regarding 6th April changes for dependents of 10 years ILR. One of my friends got ILR on 10 years basis he was on Tier 1 General and his wife was dependent as Tier 1 general entered in the UK before 9th July 2012. He applied FLR M after 6th April 2014 at PEO Croydon and got 2 years visa after getting BRB I think after one week he applied SET M at PEO Croydon and got ILR.

Thanks
kashif"

Regards
Shahsahab
Hello Shahsahab, the premium fees are added online during registration/booking for PEO. (application fee + premium fee).A friend of mine booked for PEO so his premium fees were added together with the application fee during online appointment booking.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:39 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

I have few question please someone can answer to me.
Child under 18 completed ten year in this country but parent are 12 year but Home office treating they have break their long term residency, so in this case child can apply ILR or not. Please if there any law can you send me link will be great.
Child born in the UK going to complete ten year can apply on MN1 even both parent not settle.

Wife depend on main applicant going to complete 10 year , she is entitle to apply ILR or her 10 year lawful residency break too.

Please if senior give answer these questions will be great. I am on the way to submit JR .

Regards
Amjad leeds
Hello Amjad can u let us know when u came to the uk? What types of visas u and your family have/had? What and when did u or your family left the uk for any holidays this way we can help with advise.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:48 pm

ILR102014 wrote:HI All,
I rang HO today, status of the application is ''not yet completed''

Waiting is continuing...........
Keep your fingers crossed ILR102014 your case will definitely be decided on your advantage. I wish u success.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Ketu wrote:Hi Talib & Kashif

Could you please help me in my case. I also recently got my ILR on the basis of long residency and my last visa was tier 4 student and now my wife also have tier 4 dependent which is going to expire in August-2014. If I put FLR (M) for her extension then how can i show my salary slip in august or four months salary slip and statement would be fine. Now I have following Queries to submit my wife's FLR (M) form;
1. what financial requirements i need to meet to put her case, I think she is exempt to complete 7A of FLR(M) form
2. Is that I have to prove maintenance funds or salary slips and a letter issued from my employer showing my annual income and what amount it should be. can i show premium bond
3. can i put SET (M) soon after approval of FLR (M)
4. what is the duration of Visa at the basis of FLR (M) application
your prompt response would be appreciated.
Hello Ketu,
1) if your wife was in the UK before 9th of July 2012 then she is exempt to fill section 7A .she can only fill in section 7B.
2) Am not sure of the premium bond but if you have q letter from your employer stating how much u earn and some pay slips of say 3months and bank statement of 3 months to backup your payslips.
3) Yes you can submit SET M for her if she is binded by the old rule.
4) the visa duration for FLR M is 2yrs according people who have successfully applied for their spouses on this forum.
Hope this helps.

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Spatacus wrote:
ILR102014 wrote:HI All,
I rang HO today, status of the application is ''not yet completed''

Waiting is continuing...........
Keep your fingers crossed ILR102014 your case will definitely be decided on your advantage. I wish u success.
Thanks Spatacus

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Is it possible we can English certificate later to home office because waiting for result

SUNSHINE19
Newly Registered

Post by SUNSHINE19 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Hello Everyone ,

I am on Tier 1(PBS) visa which expires on 1 Jan 2015 and is due for IRL thereafter. But the thing is that I am not employed( as I am looking after a little one) so my extension through this route is not quite possible. My husband have got ILR ( Long Residency ). I have been in the UK since 2006 but I was never my husband's dependent & married to him since 2006. Can anyone help me with the possible options available for me to extend my visa ? I am thinking of applying for FLR but very confused , under what category should I apply for ILR?

Many Thanks !

sunshine :)

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Hello Guys,

Quick question for lovely and helpful people. I have applied for my wife's FLR (M) on 5th April 2014. She is in uk since 2007. My question is do I need to show 18600 for her SET (M) application once she get positive outcome from FLR (M)?

Thanks in advance

Kalps

jigars143
Pakistan

Document Requirements for 10 yr long residence

Post by jigars143 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:48 am

Dear Members

My 10 years will be completed in September. Could someone please advise what documents would I need?

I have been told of the below:
> P60s
> Landlord Letters to prove residence
> NHS registrations where i used to live in past
> Wage slips
> Employer Letter

I am on Tier 1 General which is expiring on Dec 2015.

Most importantly what is the FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT (MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENT) and how many months bank statements do I need to show? Currently my account is in Debit and is of a concern to me.

I would appreciate your help.

Nabeel

shantha

Post by shantha » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:05 am

Can any one post link to the one drive please?

shantha

Re: Document Requirements for 10 yr long residence

Post by shantha » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:08 am

jigars143 wrote:Dear Members

My 10 years will be completed in September. Could someone please advise what documents would I need?

> P60s
> Wage slips
> Employer Letter

Most importantly what is the FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT (MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENT) and how many months bank statements do I need to show? Currently my account is in Debit and is of a concern to me.

Nabeel
If you applying using SET(LR) you don't need any of the above just need to send passports you held BRP if you have one, Life in the UK test certificate and English language qualification thats it. You do not have to send any bank statements.

sam_86
Newly Registered

Post by sam_86 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 am

shantha wrote:Can any one post link to the one drive please?
here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... yn6R3aFEbv

But I just tried to open it, it seems that it has been deleted!

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:02 am

sam_86 wrote:
here:

detto.. looks like the file has been deleted! can someone help here?

shantha

Post by shantha » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:52 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
sam_86 wrote:
here:

detto.. looks like the file has been deleted! can someone help here?
Who deleted it? :(

fiazpk
Newly Registered

Post by fiazpk » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:32 am

SET(LR) OneDrive is no longer there,

This item might not exist or is no longer available
This item might have been deleted, expired or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.

can anyone solve this, it was really helpful,

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Is there any good news today ???

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:56 pm

sam_86 wrote:
here:

Hi All,
Looks like some one targeted it, as one of my friend's details were deleted a few days earlier, we seriously thought that some one made a mistake updating their details, but to actually go and delete the whole thing, frankly makes me sick. It was so helpful.
Any body who is computer literate please help us on this. We should initiate another of our own, it will help us as well as any body applying in the future.
Senior members and gurus please intervene and see if there is a damage limitation possibility here :cry:
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: Document Requirements for 10 yr long residence

Post by Spatacus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:14 pm

jigars143 wrote:Dear Members

> P60s
> Wage slips
> Employer Letter

Nabeel
Hello Nabeel,
If you are applying for ILR (LR) you do not need to show or present the following
1) no bank statement is needed (if you have all your previous and current passport where your visas were stamped or BRP)
2) no tenancy agreement is needed
3) no maintenance requirements

All you need to submit with your ILR (LR ) application are below
1) all your previous and current passports/BRP
2) life in the UK test certificate
3) english language test certificate or UK MSc/BSc certificate
4) ILR (LR ) application form

That's all you need bro. Very straight forward application. No hassles at all.
Hope this helps

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:25 pm

SUNSHINE19 wrote:Hello Everyone ,

I am on Tier 1(PBS) visa which expires on 1 Jan 2015 and is due for IRL thereafter. But the thing is that I am not employed( as I am looking after a little one) so my extension through this route is not quite possible. My husband have got ILR ( Long Residency ). I have been in the UK since 2006 but I was never my husband's dependent & married to him since 2006. Can anyone help me with the possible options available for me to extend my visa ? I am thinking of applying for FLR but very confused , under what category should I apply for ILR?

Many Thanks !

sunshine :)
Hello sunshine
In my own opinion I will suggest you apply with form FLR(M), with option that says this is the first time you are applying as a dependant of who is settled in the UK pls check the form as this is in the first few pages of the application. Then submit all required documentation showing that you and your husband have been married since 2006. Remember to include your marriage certificate. With luck they might consider you and grant your further leave to remain then after you cans switch to SET (M).
As per evidence of finance/maintenance your husband can back you up with his bank statement and payslips if he is in full time employment.
Hope this helps. Gurus and forum members might have other reasonable advise. Pls guys comment on this.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm

***URGENT ADVISE NEEDED***

I have applied for my ILR on 22nd January, just got a letter from case worker details as below.
to consider your application pelase send ORIGINAL documents as photocopies are NOT accepatable for the purpose of deciding your applicaiton.

Documents required
1. Evidence that you have knowledge of life and language in the UK to our required stadard.

Although you have submitted a certificate confirming that your client hsa passed the Life in the UK test you have falild to pvovide sufficient evidence that he has either a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher...

however I have Degree taught in India in English medium which I have used in my initial Tier 1 General application, for which they have granted me English language point, the same has been submitted on tier 1 Extension (however the extension was refused on different grounds) but they kept my original degree certificate.

I had then submitted duplicate Degree Certificate along with my application for LR. meaning they should have TWO copies of my Degree Certificate and now they are asking for the same again.

my solicitor has suggested as they have given you point for English at the time on Tier 1 General applicaiton on the basis of the same Degree they should honor that degree for english language requirement, he is writing letter explaining HO have both the copies of the degree and it has been taught in English and recognised by NARIC etc. however wondered if anyone else had the same issue?

thanks,

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Hey mate sorry to hear that. For degree please check if your Degree is recognised by PBS T1 calculator. If it does you can write them explaining the whole situation. Please do not rely on Solicitors as they usually mishandle these sort of situations.

I wish you luck I hope it will be sorted. Its a simple misunderstanding and your solicitor was suppose to write a clear cover letter explaining every.
Hardikjshah83 wrote:***URGENT ADVISE NEEDED***

I have applied for my ILR on 22nd January, just got a letter from case worker details as below.
to consider your application pelase send ORIGINAL documents as photocopies are NOT accepatable for the purpose of deciding your applicaiton.

Documents required
1. Evidence that you have knowledge of life and language in the UK to our required stadard.

Although you have submitted a certificate confirming that your client hsa passed the Life in the UK test you have falild to pvovide sufficient evidence that he has either a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher...

however I have Degree taught in India in English medium which I have used in my initial Tier 1 General application, for which they have granted me English language point, the same has been submitted on tier 1 Extension (however the extension was refused on different grounds) but they kept my original degree certificate.

I had then submitted duplicate Degree Certificate along with my application for LR. meaning they should have TWO copies of my Degree Certificate and now they are asking for the same again.

my solicitor has suggested as they have given you point for English at the time on Tier 1 General applicaiton on the basis of the same Degree they should honor that degree for english language requirement, he is writing letter explaining HO have both the copies of the degree and it has been taught in English and recognised by NARIC etc. however wondered if anyone else had the same issue?

thanks,
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Documents required

thanks,
Sorry to hear. But atleast you are safe from 3C & 3D, which is great.
Write good covering letter yourself, donot relay solicitors(Just money grabbers) ,if you have another photocopy and must be attested. HO should consider attested copies as alternative with good reason.

Hope this helps

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm

rmkirfan wrote:

Documents required

thanks,
Sorry to hear. But atleast you are safe from 3C & 3D, which is great.
Write good covering letter yourself, donot relay solicitors(Just money grabbers) ,if you have another photocopy and must be attested. HO should consider attested copies as alternative with good reason.

Hope this helps
thanks guys.. i have asked my solicitor to privide me with the copy of the letter they send to HO, luckily my solicitor is good and very reliable. its just my hard luck.

He is writing letter explaning the situation - saying HO should have 2 copies of the degree.
also he is attaching the copy of the Tier 1 General - letter from HO where they have awareded 10 points for the English Language only for this Degree.

They have also attached copy of the points calculator where HO's website takes m degree as valid English language degree, and finally he is also asking HO if they are not satisfied by the Degree then if HO provides more time, we can attend B1 course for the certificate.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:50 pm

just to let you know of another Blunder in my case done by HO.

2 weeks ago they have refused my wife's FLR(m) because they thought we have submited application when we were waiting for the appeals outcome.

Solicitor had to write a letter, along with point out UKBA documents

where it suggested that Application is classed as withdrawn when HO receive it, in my case we have faxed it on 22nd January and it should be classed withdrawn on the same day, instead they have updated records on 24th January and thought application withdrawn on 24th January - in between on 23rd January they had received my application.

subsequently case worker had contacted my solicitor and they had telephonic chat - following that HO agreed their mistake and re-instated my wife's applicaiton.

hopefully my solicitor's letter this time should help as well.