ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK with EEA2 permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Entering UK with EEA2 permit

Post by obormot » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:09 am

My mother is retuning to UK in a few weeks, and it will be first time she will use EEA2 permit to enter.
When she left UK a few months ago, she did not have the EEA2, we got it later on a separate piece of paper, and I subsequently sent it to her abroad.
She is 69 and does not speak English.
I understand that she should not fill the board card they distribute in the plane, but should go in the queue for EU citizen, show her passport and EEA2 permit, and they even should not put a stamp in her passport. Am I correct?
I plan to write a note in English for her to show to the boarder officer, where I will mention all the above (as well as that she is my mother, I am EU citizen, I work in UK, etc.). What official documents/regulations should I cite?
If there are any issues, will they cal me? (I will be waiting fore her at the airport, and will put my cell number on that note)
Will they allow her to call me? She most probably will not have a phone, working in UK..

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: Entering UK with EEA2 permit

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:18 pm

obormot wrote:My mother is retuning to UK in a few weeks, and it will be first time she will use EEA2 permit to enter.
When she left UK a few months ago, she did not have the EEA2, we got it later on a separate piece of paper, and I subsequently sent it to her abroad.
I understand that she should not fill the board card they distribute in the plane, but should go in the queue for EU citizen, show her passport and EEA2 permit, and they even should not put a stamp in her passport. Am I correct?
I plan to write a note in English for her to show to the boarder officer, where I will mention all the above (as well as that she is my mother, I am EU citizen, I work in UK, etc.). What official documents/regulations should I cite?
If there are any issues, will they cal me? (I will be waiting fore her at the airport, and will put my cell number on that note)
Will they allow her to call me? She most probably will not have a phone, working in UK..
Usually they have multi lingual staff at the immigration desk. It will be good idea to write a cover letter (open letter: TO whom it may concern) about your mother coming back and plans to stay with you and attach a copy of your passport. Keep it simple. Do mention your address and phone number. Just in case if they want to speak to you. DO not worry about the phone, if they want to speak to you they will call you from their number.

No need of landing card
Join the EU queue
Passport shouldnt be stamped

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:04 pm

obormot wrote:My mother is retuning to UK in a few weeks, and it will be first time she will use EEA2 permit to enter.
its not guaranteed that passport will not be stamped as eea family permit and first entry its different than EEA2 RESIDENCE CARD.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu May 01, 2014 3:52 pm

My mother has EEA2 Residence Card, not Family Permit.
She already entered on FP last July. We immediately applied for EEA2 residence, and shortly after that asked for passports back.
She then left UK at the end of November (for family reasons). We got EEA2 residence for her this January, on a separate paper, and sent it to her by DHL.
She is now returning to UK, and will be showing her passport + EEA2 residence permit (and it will be 1st time she uses EEA2 residence permit to enter UK).
One reason I am a bit worried is exactly because she got her EEA2 while being abroad. However, there is no regulation against it, as there is free mobility guarantee by European Law.
I am concerned they will start asking her about it.. She was away for about 6 months, finishing some private business in the country where we all previously resided (USA).

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu May 22, 2014 9:04 am

My mom arrived yesterday, no issues - they just scanned her EEA2 and let her through, no questions, no stamping in the passport, etc. Uh.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Mon May 26, 2014 2:52 pm

THATS good ,did she travel back from eu state or non eu state.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>