ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Details - Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandh79

Employment Details - Naturalization

Post by anandh79 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:59 am

I am self employed IT contractor who started september 2013. I have read in the application on page 18 under section 7 where it shows evidence of self assessment to be shown. I am confused here, there is no section 7 in the application process at all. Do we need to provide any income or employment proof as there is no place to show this in the application.

The first page says the date format should be dd-mmm-yyyy and then says Eg., 01/09/2013 which is confusing.

I believe myself and my spouse need to give separate application. But again in page 18, it talks about joint application.

It says black ink or blue ink. Does it mean we can use normal black ball point pen as well? or only ink pen

Please clarify the same.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employment Details - Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:13 pm

anandh79 wrote:I am self employed IT contractor who started september 2013. I have read in the application on page 18 under section 7 where it shows evidence of self assessment to be shown. I am confused here, there is no section 7 in the application process at all. Do we need to provide any income or employment proof as there is no place to show this in the application. You will need to provide your UTR number. Page 16 of the guide says
SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account

The first page says the date format should be dd-mmm-yyyy and then says Eg., 01/09/2013 which is confusing. What is confusing about this?? It is giving an example of 1 September 2013

I believe myself and my spouse need to give separate application. But again in page 18, it talks about joint application. All applicants have to complete their own forms. There is no 'dependent' option for naturalisation. Before 6th April 2014, there used to be a joint application fee for married couples, this is no longer the case and each applicant has to pay the full individual fee

It says black ink or blue ink. Does it mean we can use normal black ball point pen as well? or only ink pen All pens have ink, but a black ball point is fine

Please clarify the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
anandh79 wrote:I am self employed IT contractor who started september 2013. I have read in the application on page 18 under section 7 where it shows evidence of self assessment to be shown. I am confused here, there is no section 7 in the application process at all. Do we need to provide any income or employment proof as there is no place to show this in the application. You will need to provide your UTR number. Page 16 of the guide says
SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account

The first page says the date format should be dd-mmm-yyyy and then says Eg., 01/09/2013 which is confusing. What is confusing about this?? It is giving an example of 1 September 2013

I believe myself and my spouse need to give separate application. But again in page 18, it talks about joint application. All applicants have to complete their own forms. There is no 'dependent' option for naturalisation. Before 6th April 2014, there used to be a joint application fee for married couples, this is no longer the case and each applicant has to pay the full individual fee

It says black ink or blue ink. Does it mean we can use normal black ball point pen as well? or only ink pen All pens have ink, but a black ball point is fine

Please clarify the same.
Hi Cr

Thanks for your replies.

I think the self employment comes under the category

APPLICATIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF MARRIAGE OR CIVIL PARTNERSHIP TO A BRITISH CITIZEN

I am applying under APPLICATIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF RESIDENCE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.

Please clarify whether what I have mentioned is correct.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:46 pm

No incorrect - SELF EMPLOYED APPLICANTS is a heading on its own after the heading APPLICATIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF MARRIAGE OR CIVIL PARTNERSHIP TO A BRITISH CITIZEN

Page 14 of the guide says :
APPLICATIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF RESIDENCE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil
partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
• Your passports OR say why you are unable to provide one on page 15 and supply
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments
indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period
If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom for example
because you have a right of abode in the United Kingdom or you are a national of the
“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” or Taiwan, you should send your passport and also
provide alternative evidence of residence as above. If you are an EEA national you should
additionally provide the information listed below.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi,

Since I started my company only on September 2013, All I have is P60 from my Accountant for 2012/13.

I would not be in a position to get statement of self-assessment as I have not completed on year after trading.

Please advise.

Regards
Krish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:56 pm

If you have registered for self assessment, you can provide your UTR number and add a note on the 'further information' page that the last tax year assessment has not been done as yet. Also a letter from your accountant
Char (CR001 not Casa)

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi

I am director of a company and do IT contracting.

What should i fill in my occupation?

Is it ok to have Director in both in section 3.1 and 3.2