ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help with T2 Gen extension please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ann771

urgent help with T2 Gen extension please

Post by ann771 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi all,

I need some help to correctly select start and end date for the CoS that I will use to extend my Tier 2 General visa. I have two queries:

1. I booked an in-person appointment on the 7th of May. But in the application form, section A - page 5, there is no option to tick for ‘Tier 2 General extend or switch in person in the UK (premium service) – up to 3 years’. I got the fee information on the HO website and know that I will need to pay £1001 by debit or credit card upon attending my appointment. [I made in person appointment by emailing ‘pscofflinebooking@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk’ which is a temporary booking system while the online booking system is down and they emailed me to confirm booking and said I will need to pay by debit or credit card during my appointment]

Question: this is a mandatory section to fill in, what shall I do to clarify payment details for my application?

2. My initial Tier 2 date of issue is 24 August 2011 and expire on 30 July 2014. Start date on my initial CoS was 30 July 2011 and end date 28 July 2014. Now, I know that I can only apply for max 6 years.

Question: Do I count 6 years starting from 24 August 2011 or 30 July 2011? And what should my HR put as start date on the CoS for extension, 31st of July 2014 or 7th of May 2014?

I need to get correct information asap so that I can make sure HR is allocating CoS with appropriate information. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Ann

ann771

Re: urgent help with T2 Gen extension please

Post by ann771 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 pm

would appreciate your suggestions pls - anyone who has recently done their extension/ guru's.

thanks