ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage List Skills Verification

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drwhooves
Newly Registered

Shortage List Skills Verification

Post by drwhooves » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post. I've spent three hours scouring boards and websites to find the information.

What information is needed by UKBA to confirm that an applicant is qualified as a shortage employee? For example, my company is offering a Tier 2 Visa as a graphic designer. What will I need to show to prove that is my specialty?

Thanks!

Em

drwhooves
Newly Registered

Re: Shortage List Skills Verification

Post by drwhooves » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Has no one gone as a shortage list qualifying visa? :(

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:54 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

drwhooves
Newly Registered

Post by drwhooves » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:08 pm

I've read through that and can't find anything that says how they verify you qualify?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:39 pm

page 21 wrote:89.You should confirm with your sponsor that it has indicated that your job is a shortage occupation in the relevant field on the Certificate of Sponsorship. You should also confirm with your sponsor that the SOC code and job description on the Certificate of Sponsorship show that the job is one of those included on the shortage occupation list.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:40 am

drwhooves wrote:What information is needed by UKBA to confirm that an applicant is qualified as a shortage employee? For example, my company is offering a Tier 2 Visa as a graphic designer. What will I need to show to prove that is my specialty?

One of the reasons for introducing the PBS in 2008 was to shift the burden of compliance verification from the state to sponsors. The present system is largely based on self certification by sponsors. The HO carry out checks randomly or where they suspect irregularity or deception. If the company assigns a CoS to you for a shortage occupation job they accept responsibility for this vis-à-vis the HO. If during an inspection the HO find that you are not doing the shortage occupation job stated in the CoS the sponsor may be penalised and their licence may be suspended or revoked.