ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for new born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChandraSP

Visa for new born in UK

Post by ChandraSP » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi all,

My second kid was born here recently and I got his passport from Indian High commission(as I'm still on FLR).

Now we have to travel India urgently, and even if I book an appointment with Homeoffice for personal interview(to get his visa), it is two weeks away. Just wondering, whether he can go to India using his passport and apply for a dependent visa there? Or he must apply here in UK and get the visa stamped before flying to India.

If it can be applied in India, any possibility of British High Commission raising objections?( As he was born in UK?)

It would be great if anyone can advice.

Cheers
Chandra

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:21 pm

John,

Can you please advice..

Thanks

topoftheworld

Post by topoftheworld » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 am

Chandra,

Dont Worry. You can apply visa for your son in India. He can travel from UK to India on his passport without requiring a visa.

Also, do not forget to get all the necessary documents (Your son's Birth Certificate, Your Bank Stmts, Utility Bill, Payslips etc.) with you when you go to India so that you have those with you when you apply for you son's visa in India.

You need to contact your local VFS office for the visa application when you are in India.

It usually takes 2 days to get visa stamped passport(s) back (provided you have attached all the necessary documents along with your application)

Hope this helps.

vivekR

Visa for new born in UK

Post by vivekR » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi Chandra,

I can vouch for that. I did the same. My daughter was born about a year after my change of WP. So I decided to apply for the same from India for her. Wife travelled to India on my daughter's Indian passport. There they applied for her visa through an agent. For 800 INR, he took the passport on a Monday and came back on Wed eve with the visa stamped!

Make sure you carry all your docs as well. We had attached my employment doc, visa copies etc alongwith my daughter's originals for BC, registry etc.

Best of Luck
vR

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm

Dear Topofworld,

Thanks a lot. Your advice came in time and gave me more confidence.

Cheers
Chandra

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:25 pm

Thanks Vivek.

Good to hear about that.