ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is IS151A ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qatarsl
Newly Registered

What is IS151A ?

Post by qatarsl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:24 pm

What is IS151A ?

I was given IS151A with SECTION B marked while i was leaving UK at the Heathrow Airport and my finger prints were taken.

What does this mean ?

I overstayed in the UK for 6 months due to unavoidable circumstances. Do u think I could visit the UK again ?

Look forward to your advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: What is IS151A ?

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:29 pm

qatarsl wrote:What is IS151A ?

I was given IS151A with SECTION B marked while i was leaving UK at the Heathrow Airport and my finger prints were taken.

What does this mean ?

I overstayed in the UK for 6 months due to unavoidable circumstances. Do u think I could visit the UK again ?

Look forward to your advice.
Unlikely. I think this is basically a note saying 'don't let this guy in'. I think Adminstrative removal is the term...

Anyway, what were the unavoidable circumstances? You could concievable fight for a new visa if the overstay was truly unaviodable - like hospitalisation or serious illness.

But on the whole I'd say ur only way in is via some other visa like marriage but even that will be hard.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

qatarsl
Newly Registered

Post by qatarsl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I was unavoidable because i could not return to my country during that time due to civic unrest. During my stay in the UK i did not WORK, all my living expenses were funded by my savings. What do u think my chances are in a future application.

The Immigration Officer at Heathrow also wrote on my passport which I think may harm my future travel. What do u think I should do ?

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 pm

qatarsl wrote: I was unavoidable because i could not return to my country during that time due to civic unrest.
But this does not give you the right to break the rules in this country, does it? The rules say that by the end of your visa you MUST either leave the UK or apply for an extension. If there was a risk of you returning in your country, you should have made an asylum claim.
During my stay in the UK i did not WORK, all my living expenses were funded by my savings. What do u think my chances are in a future application.
It depends. You will not be able to get another visitors visa in your lifetime. You may however, be able to apply under other categories leading to settlement, such as long term Work Permit, Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, spouse of someone present and settled here or a business person.
The Immigration Officer at Heathrow also wrote on my passport which I think may harm my future travel. What do u think I should do ?
Nothing. Whether there is a mark in your passport or not will not make any difference to your future UK visa applications, as in either case, the fact that you were an immigration offender will be kept on a computer system (Warnings Index) for many years.
If however, you want to apply for a visa in other countries in the future, I suggest you change your passport.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:21 pm

qatarsl, if you did want another UK visa in the future, what type of visa would that be?

Which country are you from?
John

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:01 am

I'd hazard a guess that it is Afghanistan, perhaps?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:28 am

It's interesting to note that they are now fingerprinting overstayers as they leave the UK which they never used to do.

No doubt this ties in with the fact that they are now also fingerprinting all visa applicants overseas so it will become relatively easier for them to identify if you have overstayed in the past by simply comparing your fingerprints to the database of overstayers' fingerprints they are collecting.

Scary stuff. George Orwell knew what he was writing about.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

British

Post by British » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:44 pm

Well... as a side note, I have read several articles and conclusions that the fingerprinting technology is not perfect or fool-proof.

There have been many cases where innocent people have been prosecuted purely because their finger print matched with one in a crime scene. There was also once case of this nature, where teh scottish parliment offered an apology publicly for prosecuting someone based on this non-sense and not-so-perfect finger-print technology, becase later it was proved that the fingerprint analysis was a not perfect and its results were not correct, and also there was adequate evidence (found later) that the person was indeed innocent!
If i remember correctly (or maybe it was in another case!), the funniest bit in tha tcase was that the prosecuted person was a police officer dealing with that case!

This was all shown in a BBC / ITV programme a year or so back in time!

Oh, dear!

So, i am not sure what they are going to do with all these fingerprints ;-)
Last edited by British on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:47 pm

The IS151A is a notice of removal. When you next make an application for a visa to the UK you will have to state that you have been removed from the UK in the past, and will help matters if you can give a copy of the notice.

Although a removal notice will have an effect on future applications, do note that this is very different from deportation. With deportation you are not permitted to come to the UK for three years (unless you get the order overturned). There is no such restruction with a removal notice, so you could theoretically come back immediately if you qualify for a visa.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

qatarsl
Newly Registered

Post by qatarsl » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:53 pm

Thank you all for the input
But this does not give you the right to break the rules in this country, does it? The rules say that by the end of your visa you MUST either leave the UK or apply for an extension. If there was a risk of you returning in your country, you should have made an asylum claim.
I'm from a Sri Lanka. My family is from the EAST of Sri Lanka, where there is continuous war. I do admit its a mistake to STAY. My family is in Sri Lanka. I never intend to STAY in the UK for long as I intend to return to my family. Thats the very reason why i did not apply for Asylum. I believe EXTENSION of a visit visa was not possible.
It depends. You will not be able to get another visitors visa in your lifetime. You may however, be able to apply under other categories leading to settlement, such as long term Work Permit, Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, spouse of someone present and settled here or a business person.
I'm actually a businessmen. I have my customers in the UK. I have also traveled to other countries like the US and other EU countries before.

VICTORIA ...what reasons would you think qualifies me to get my Visa to UK again in the future ?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:41 am

I can't answer that. It would depend on what visa you were applying for.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

qatarsl
Newly Registered

Post by qatarsl » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:31 pm

VictoriaS wrote:I can't answer that. It would depend on what visa you were applying for.

Victoria
Would me visiting my customers on business in the UK qualify ?

I have proof of transactions etc.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:27 pm

You're talking about getting another visit visa? I think that is unlikely.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!