ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(G) - ILR - Some questions- Help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier1(G) - ILR - Some questions- Help please

Post by tulipz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi all,
My husband moved to UK on 20 June 2009 on Tier1(G) via an assignment through his employer in India(Say company A). In 2010, he was given a permanent position in UK office (of company A). He moved jobs in 2011 and took up a perm position with another company (say company B) and he is still working there. Through these 5 yrs, we travelled abroad only on holidays to visit family in India and to some places in Europe (no business travel) . All this was in paid vacation time. Total absense is less than 180 days.

I joined him in Sept 2009. I've been working on and off.

Can the wise people here please help answer my questions and validate my assumptions?

1. My husband and I can apply for ILR anytime after 20 June 2014 - Is this correct?

2. Do we need to get a letter from his employers (especially employer A) validating his paid leave for holidays? Are payslips enough to show that there are no salary deductions - hence the travel was in paid vacation time?

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1(G) - ILR - Some questions- Help please

Post by tulipz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Anyone ? ??

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:38 pm

You people are eligible to apply within 28 days before 20 June 2009.
It would be nice if you get a letter which specifying the paid holidays from previous employer rather than showing payslips.
Make sure rest of others documents as well.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Sorry, within 28 days before 20 June 2014.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Thank you Macro_run.

Is it a must ? Looks like it will be a BIG pain getting a letter about paid holidays from employer A.

Employer B - no problem. THis will cover our stay from Aug 2011 until now.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Just specify your previous employer paid holidays (like tabular column ) in a covering letter and attach your e-tickets.