ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Spouse eligibility after entry clerance - 2 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tvnaveen78
Newly Registered

ILR Spouse eligibility after entry clerance - 2 years route

Post by tvnaveen78 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Hello

Posting on behalf of friend:

I have ILR approved in Sep 2013 (on 5 years continuous stay route, I cam on Work permit, then convered to tier 2 ICT )

My wife also first entered UK in Jul 2006 along with me

She left UK in April 2010 and applied for entry clerance again in Aug 2010 and entered UK in Sep 2010
She left UK in Oct 2011 and applied for entry clerance again on 6 April 2012 and entered UK on 29/04/2012
Absenses:
She was not in UK April 2010 to Sep 2010 (4 months)- she did a entry clerance in India in Aug 2010 and entered UK on PBS dependent

She was not in UK Sep 2011 to Apr 2012 (7 months) - she did a entry clerance in India in Aug 2010 and entered UK on PBS dependent

She had one month holiday out side uk in July 2013

Now i am planning to apply for her ILR in person in on 3 may 2014 which is just over 2 years on PBS dependent on SET(O) on 2 years route.

do you think it is a valid case or should we need to wait for few weeks?

really appreciate any help on above.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Spouse eligibility after entry clerance - 2 years ro

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:10 pm

That should be fine considering she entered the UK with the current leave on 29/04/2012. B1 English and LIUK required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tvnaveen78
Newly Registered

Post by tvnaveen78 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Thank you amber_ appreciate your help.

She cleared LIUK and im planniing to show degree taught in english in an indian univ for english eligibility but have not endorsed degree with NARIC as her univ and course appeared in points calculator.

Hope this is fine?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Yes providing the degree was awarded 20 or more points for qualification and 10 for English Skills.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tvnaveen78
Newly Registered

Post by tvnaveen78 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Hey hi apologies for asking again, the degree awarding 10 points for english but zero points for qualification in tier 1 category also my own degree which I had used for my tier 2 ict extensions also not awarding 20 points for qualifications but awarding 10 for english, will this be ok?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 am

No, if the degree isn't awarded points for qualification it's not comparable to a UK degree, a statement of comparability from NARIC would be required with proof the medium of instruction was English. You may be ok if you satisfied B1 or above for your EC.

tvnaveen78
Newly Registered

Post by tvnaveen78 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Hey amber_ apologies for coming back again! for some reason the degree was not awarding points but now I have renters the degree details it's awarded 30 points for degree and 10 for English I have saved the PDF summary.

My question now when entered the details in calculator I have used tier 1 general category but she will be applying for PBS dependent though ( I was on tier 2 ICT when I got my ILR) will these still be ok?

Also the degree certificate is quite explicit that the medium in which degree taught is English, do I still need univ letter?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 pm

No further information is required if the necessary points are awarded, just the print out and degree certificate.