ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language certificate validity - SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mandysa
Newly Registered

English language certificate validity - SET(O)

Post by mandysa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:33 am

Hi,

Can someone please let me know if my IELTS certificate is still valid?
I obtained it in 2009 and it is a Cambridge ESOL certificate.
According to the home office website (https://www.gov.uk/english-language) for certificates older than 6 Apr 2013 there is no expiry date IF you have the certificate, results, candidate ID number and candidate secret number.
On my certificate I have a breakdown of my results as well as ID number. I seem to not have a secret number - does anyone know what this is or does anyone has something similar that was accepted?
I did this test in 2009 to apply for my first work visa and have been thinking all along my work visa in itself will be proof that I hae already proved KoLL but on the application form (SET(O)) and guidance notes, this dos not seem a valid option.
Please help!

razi.khan

Re: English language certificate validity - SET(O)

Post by razi.khan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:40 am

Please read the following obtain from UKBA Frequently ask question Fact Sheet.

3. What if your website says my qualification expires after 2 years?
The expiry dates on that list do not apply to settlement or citizenship applications. If your test is on the attached list it will be acceptable.
4. I sent my documents for a previous application. Do I need to send them again?
Yes. Evidence that an English language requirement was met for entry clearance purposes is only held by the post abroad for a limited period. In addition, this information is not easily accessible to caseworkers in the UK. You should therefore send evidence of your qualification with your application.
Degree Qualifications
5. Will my degree meet the requirement?
If you have a qualification that was taught or researched in English you can meet the language part of the requirement if:
- Your qualification is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, or
- Your qualification was taught or researched in an English speaking country other than Canada (see list below).
You will need to send your certificate as evidence of your qualification.
6. How do I show that my qualification is deemed by UK NARIC to be the recognised standard?
UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator (which is on our website) with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with the original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.