ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ik_aam_insaan

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:32 am

Hi riz999

Can you please tell which peo you went for ?
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 am

March_LR14 wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:Hi,

HO has gone dud since easter hoildays. It is so frustrating. I was expecting my decision by end of MAY but HO has still not started FEB applications.

Skydrive was so helpful to keep track of which month HO is currently dealing with but we don't have that anymore.

Can someone please create another one starting with January 2014 applications?

Regards
I was hoping the same but i think they are going to process march application end of June.
It is frustrating.
Hi hassan5805,

Someone previously said in a post that HO will be revealing number of SET LR applications data in may. When that data will be out that will give us a more clear picture.

Like i said in previous post HO has been very slow since easter holidays. Before easter break we were getting upto 10 approvals a week on this forum but since easter there been merely couple of approvals and a query regarding Hardik case.

I have no job and waiting is killing me.

Thanks
yes HO releases immigration statsitcs every quarter on Gov.Uk website on below link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ly-release

Quarter ending Dec'13 was released at end of Feb'14 - however these data was no use to us, however you can submit FOI request middle of May and HO will release the data for the quarter ending March after they release migration table on Gov.UK website.

i have don ethe same when i requested FOI on whatdotheyknow website.

shabiumer
Newly Registered

Post by shabiumer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 am

plz guys who got approval, update your timeline here. so we can get idea about other applications.... thanks

smajid1
Newly Registered

Post by smajid1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:08 am

hi, all i have applied on 20th jan 2014 , still waiting no luck

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:15 am

smajid1 wrote:hi, all i have applied on 20th jan 2014 , still waiting no luck
did you applied your self or via solicitor - if so check if HO queried yoru application via solicitor.

i have applied on 22nd Jan to which i have recieved query letter on 24th April which was responded and should be received by HO today, hopefully they should clear my application by Friday.. shame its bank holiday weekend... :(

smajid1
Newly Registered

Post by smajid1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:29 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
did you applied your self or via solicitor - if so check if HO queried yoru application via solicitor.

i have applied on 22nd Jan to which i have recieved query letter on 24th April which was responded and should be received by HO today, hopefully they should clear my application by Friday.. shame its bank holiday weekend... :(

i have applied myself, no query nothing, i m expecting this week lets see,

shantha

Post by shantha » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 am

smajid1 wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:

i have applied myself, no query nothing, i m expecting this week lets see,
Hi Hardikjshah83,
Can you tell us what was the queried about by UKVI? Thanks

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm

shantha wrote:Hi Hardikjshah83,
Can you tell us what was the queried about by UKVI? Thanks
see my comments on page 637

walana
Newly Registered

Post by walana » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi everyone,
I have just received my Approval letter today

Good luck to them still waiting

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 pm

walana wrote:Hi everyone,
I have just received my Approval letter today

Good luck to them still waiting
Congrats..

Enjoy your freedom..

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 pm

[quote="riz9997"]hello everyone,
I am sharing my experience of peo for the ilr for my wife from last week. I was granted my ilr in january . I read alot about the rules changing and then spent time goign through the rules myself as well. my understanding of it was that they are stopping direct set (m applications. I sent enquiries to the UK visa and immigrations as well. they confirmed back to me that the change from 06/04/14 doesn't mean that the partner who was here before 07/2012 cannot apply for the ilr but it mean that he/she needs to switch into flrm first as previously people were granted ilr directly on set (m). so book a set (m) appointment but kept the flr (m) with me as well. got there on time. as the case worker started registering the application on the system, explain the whole situation and add refernece to the enquiries i made and the replies i had. the caseworker then advise to go with right process and submitt flr (m) and pay for it and they will refund the fee for the set (m). I paid for the flr (m) and submitt flr (m) and request the case worker to book us the setm appointment for the same day or the next. case worker went back to the office manager and came back 15 minutes later to say that they are willing to book an appointment for the next day but that will be after we will have the decision ont he flr (m). by the late afternoon my wife flr (m) was granted and it was under the old rules for 2 year(note: didn't fill the section 7a which is to show the maintenance) the manager then book us the appointment for the next morning for the set (m) next mornign got there , seems like everyone knew about us. wet to the window, case worker took the form and acknowledge the fact that we were there yesterday. peo process the set (m)in mere 2 hours and my wife was granted ILR .

I am hoping this information will help alot of people and clear the blurry cloud which is there since 06/04/14.thanks[/quote

Riz9997 congratulations on your wife's success on ILR. That experience you shared is very useful because as you rightly said they have been alot of discussions around the old and new rules .This will make people/applicants aware that the old rule still applies to people that came to the UK before 07/2012.
Much appreciated
Good luck to you and your wife. Remember to fill in form AN at the anniversary of your ILR.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:33 pm

rasheedabdul786 wrote:Hi,
I got my ILR on 26-04-2014 on the basis of 10 years long residence. Before ILR i was on Tier1 general which was valid till 06-12-2015.My wife came to uk as my tier 1 general dependent on 10-06-2011 and her tier 1 dependent visa is valid till 06-12-2015 and i have a son who is born in uk on 13-07-2011..my questions are:
1. can i apply ILR set(m) for my wife as she was here before 9th july 2012 on the basis of 2years enroute and if yes what are the requirements like earnings,maintenance funds other than life in uk test and english language..

2.can i apply for naturalization for my son born in uk as i hav been granted ILR now If yes what documents do i need..and is it alright if only one parent got ILR bcoz in MN1 form need to mention ilr granted dates for both the parents(i.e father,mother)
any advice and help would be really appreciated thanks..
regards
rasheed
Hello rasheed yes u can apply for your child born here in the UK with form MN1 leave the section for the mother blank as only one parent with ILR can apply for their child.
As per for your wife yes you can apply for her with form FLR ( M ) then after she is successful on Form FLR(M) within 24 hours then she can apply with SET (M) since she was here before 07/2012.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

fiazpk
Newly Registered

for Request to restore Skydrive SET(RL) 10 Yr Long Residence

Post by fiazpk » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi every one,
to my understanding the Skydrive for SET(lr) 10 Yr Long Residence excel file was deleted by someone, who also has Microsoft account, as it was a shared file with public access, anyone with Hotmail Account could access the file and apparently delete it too.

but it can only be restored by original creator and owner, Damanis Shallo, his immigrationboards.com ID is "Damanisshallo"

I have sent him a message requesting him to restore the file, and it was of great value to all of us,

I would like to request everybody to send him a message requesting him to restore the file, as he is the only one who is able to do it, and i am sure it lies in his Microsoft OneDrive recycle bin,

regards,
M Fiaz

March_LR14

Re: for Request to restore Skydrive SET(RL) 10 Yr Long Resid

Post by March_LR14 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:21 pm

fiazpk wrote:Hi every one,
to my understanding the Skydrive for SET(lr) 10 Yr Long Residence excel file was deleted by someone, who also has Microsoft account, as it was a shared file with public access, anyone with Hotmail Account could access the file and apparently delete it too.

but it can only be restored by original creator and owner, Damanis Shallo, his immigrationboards.com ID is "Damanisshallo"

I have sent him a message requesting him to restore the file, and it was of great value to all of us,

I would like to request everybody to send him a message requesting him to restore the file, as he is the only one who is able to do it, and i am sure it lies in his Microsoft OneDrive recycle bin,

regards,
M Fiaz
Hi Fiaz,

I have sent "Damanisshallo" a pm requesting him to restore the file for us.

I still can't believe why would someone delete the file?

Regards

Stay mum
Newly Registered

Post by Stay mum » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Spatacus wrote:
riz9997 wrote:hello everyone,
I am sharing my experience of peo for the ilr for my wife from last week. I was granted my ilr in january . I read alot about the rules changing and then spent time goign through the rules myself as well. my understanding of it was that they are stopping direct set (m applications. I sent enquiries to the UK visa and immigrations as well. they confirmed back to me that the change from 06/04/14 doesn't mean that the partner who was here before 07/2012 cannot apply for the ilr but it mean that he/she needs to switch into flrm first as previously people were granted ilr directly on set (m). so book a set (m) appointment but kept the flr (m) with me as well. got there on time. as the case worker started registering the application on the system, explain the whole situation and add refernece to the enquiries i made and the replies i had. the caseworker then advise to go with right process and submitt flr (m) and pay for it and they will refund the fee for the set (m). I paid for the flr (m) and submitt flr (m) and request the case worker to book us the setm appointment for the same day or the next. case worker went back to the office manager and came back 15 minutes later to say that they are willing to book an appointment for the next day but that will be after we will have the decision ont he flr (m). by the late afternoon my wife flr (m) was granted and it was under the old rules for 2 year(note: didn't fill the section 7a which is to show the maintenance) the manager then book us the appointment for the next morning for the set (m) next mornign got there , seems like everyone knew about us. wet to the window, case worker took the form and acknowledge the fact that we were there yesterday. peo process the set (m)in mere 2 hours and my wife was granted ILR .

I am hoping this information will help alot of people and clear the blurry cloud which is there since 06/04/14.thanks[/quote

Riz9997 congratulations on your wife's success on ILR. That experience you shared is very useful because as you rightly said they have been alot of discussions around the old and new rules .This will make people/applicants aware that the old rule still applies to people that came to the UK before 07/2012.
Much appreciated
Good luck to you and your wife. Remember to fill in form AN at the anniversary of your ILR.

Hello,

congratulations.

Please post the homeoffice replyś to you query. This will certainly help. I contacted my solicitor after reading your case and was still told not possible for my partner who has been dependant since 2007, so your homeoffice reply will be great.

frahman
Newly Registered

Post by frahman » Thu May 01, 2014 10:20 am

Call Home Office today ,application not yet considered..
Application sent 31/01/14
Biometric done. 27/02/14

Has anyone received their decision from home office with the
Above time line?

I'm in a lot of stress ,sleepless night.

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Guys,
I have received a letter stating that I should submitt my english test document. But in the past I have received my Tier 1 General on My batchelor's degree whcih i have submitted and for ILR also I ahve submitted the same.

Any suggestions on what to do... do i have to take the english test now or can I send a letter to HO that I ahve received the my Tier 1 General on the basis of my Batchlor's degree itself.

Any suggestions please........

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu May 01, 2014 11:22 am

Hi, you should write to them and tell them that and send your previous visa approval letter, also you can send a points based calculator summary where you should score points for your degree. Best of luck.

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Mrs.P wrote:Hi, you should write to them and tell them that and send your previous visa approval letter, also you can send a points based calculator summary where you should score points for your degree. Best of luck.

OK, thanks....

Would you be knowing what level of exam i should be giving, if i decided to give one

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 pm

ILR102014 wrote:Hi Guys,
I have received a letter stating that I should submitt my english test document. But in the past I have received my Tier 1 General on My batchelor's degree whcih i have submitted and for ILR also I ahve submitted the same.

Any suggestions on what to do... do i have to take the english test now or can I send a letter to HO that I ahve received the my Tier 1 General on the basis of my Batchlor's degree itself.

U have two choices, as advised you can write them a letter and explain or just do a B1 test
My friend was in your situation he sent a letter of explanation but he waited another 3months no response from UKBA till he got tired and went to do a B1 test and got the result same day ... He sent it and got his approval within a week ... So if you are tired of waiting just do the test and fast-track your Approval but by the explanation route you might b waiting another 3 months..

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 pm

U have two choices, as advised you can write them a letter and explain or just do a B1 test
My friend was in your situation he sent a letter of explanation but he waited another 3months no response from UKBA till he got tired and went to do a B1 test and got the result same day ... He sent it and got his approval within a week ... So if you are tired of waiting just do the test and fast-track your Approval but by the explanation route you might b waiting another 3 months..

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Staffs12 wrote:

That is the best choice to do B1 test and expedite your case.
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

CKP

Post by CKP » Thu May 01, 2014 12:36 pm

where did you receive your degree. Is it UK university or your home country university

Thanks
CKP
ILR102014 wrote:
Mrs.P wrote:Hi, you should write to them and tell them that and send your previous visa approval letter, also you can send a points based calculator summary where you should score points for your degree. Best of luck.

OK, thanks....

Would you be knowing what level of exam i should be giving, if i decided to give one

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Come on HO, you are taking years and years to process one case while the processing fees you are charging are the highest than any other countries in the whole world, get some more staff to process the cases please.

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:57 pm

CKP wrote:where did you receive your degree. Is it UK university or your home country university

Thanks
CKP
ILR102014 wrote:

OK, thanks....

HI GUys,

If i want to take the take the exam, should i be giving ESOL entry 3 exam for my ILR ?? should i be taking it from Trinity college,

Can any one tell me how long will it take to get the result back??

Any ideas please??