ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Dependant visa documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mabbath
India

Tier 2 PBS Dependant visa documents

Post by mabbath » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi Manci,

My wife has obtained her Tier 2 general visa a couple of weeks back and in the next 3 days, I will be applying for my PBS dependant visa.
Based on the supporting documents' reference from the gov.uk site, I plan to submit the following documents:

1. Completed and signed online application form, along with the payment details
2. My Original TB Test Certificate
3. Copy of the main applicant’s passport and Tier 2 General visa pages
4. Copy of the main applicant’s assigned Certificate of Sponsorship
5. My Latest and the expired original Passports
6. My Original Degree certificate (not sure if I really need to submit this)
7. Original Marriage Certificate showing the relation between the main applicant and me
8. Original Notarised affidavit which justifies the use of different names in the main applicant’s documents (Her names are slightly different in the marriage certificate when compared to her passport).
9. My Bank Statements and a Letter from the bank justifying sufficient maintenance funds (meets all requirements per UKBA)

I have the below questions for you after reading some of the related topics in the immigrationboards website.

a) Should the above documents be sufficient for my application?
b) Apart from the bank statements & Letter for justifying maintenance funds, should the main applicant provide any other letter to say that she will be taking care of my expenses during my stay in UK.
c) My wife is travelling next week to UK and hence she does not have a residence in UK. She may be staying in a hotel/her friend's place. Should I be providing an additional letter/affidavit to state anything pertaining to this? If so, what should be specified in this letter? Note that I have already mentioned her travel dates in my application form in the additional comments space.
d) Should I also be filling any appendices? for eg: something like Appendix 5 (Skilled Worker) Migrant which needs to be filled for Tier 2 general visa?
e) Should I really be submitting my degree certificate?

Eagerly awaiting your quick response!
Thanks in advance!

mabbath
India

Re: Tier 2 PBS Dependant visa documents

Post by mabbath » Thu May 01, 2014 9:58 am

Hi Manci/all,

Can someone please respond to my query at the earliest?

Thanks!

aerobharath
Newly Registered

Post by aerobharath » Sat May 03, 2014 7:13 pm

hi,

How about a bonafide letter from her employer stating that she is working for them under tier 2...?

My friend recently brought her wife and he told me this is necessary.

Im getting married next month bringing my wife here. SO im also collecting all the information.

thanks.

aerobharath
Newly Registered

Post by aerobharath » Sat May 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Regarding accommodation I don't know how it works in your case. Usually, in my case i have to provide my TENANCY AGREEMENT as a proof.

rajrock
Newly Registered

Post by rajrock » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm

mabbath wrote:Hi Manci,

My wife has obtained her Tier 2 general visa a couple of weeks back and in the next 3 days, I will be applying for my PBS dependant visa.
Based on the supporting documents' reference from the gov.uk site, I plan to submit the following documents:

1. Completed and signed online application form, along with the payment details
2. My Original TB Test Certificate
3. Copy of the main applicant’s passport and Tier 2 General visa pages
4. Copy of the main applicant’s assigned Certificate of Sponsorship
5. My Latest and the expired original Passports
6. My Original Degree certificate (not sure if I really need to submit this)
7. Original Marriage Certificate showing the relation between the main applicant and me
8. Original Notarised affidavit which justifies the use of different names in the main applicant’s documents (Her names are slightly different in the marriage certificate when compared to her passport).
9. My Bank Statements and a Letter from the bank justifying sufficient maintenance funds (meets all requirements per UKBA)

I have the below questions for you after reading some of the related topics in the immigrationboards website.

a) Should the above documents be sufficient for my application?
b) Apart from the bank statements & Letter for justifying maintenance funds, should the main applicant provide any other letter to say that she will be taking care of my expenses during my stay in UK.
c) My wife is travelling next week to UK and hence she does not have a residence in UK. She may be staying in a hotel/her friend's place. Should I be providing an additional letter/affidavit to state anything pertaining to this? If so, what should be specified in this letter? Note that I have already mentioned her travel dates in my application form in the additional comments space.
d) Should I also be filling any appendices? for eg: something like Appendix 5 (Skilled Worker) Migrant which needs to be filled for Tier 2 general visa?
e) Should I really be submitting my degree certificate?

Eagerly awaiting your quick response!
Thanks in advance!
hi mabbath,
did you apply for your PBS dependent application? how did it go? please can you help as i need to do my application. hope you will respond.
thanks,

rajrock
Newly Registered

Post by rajrock » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:08 pm

mabbath? can you help?