ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success-Croydon PEO-28 Apr-Tier2 ICT+Tier 1-MainApp+2Dep

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SriGan

ILR Success-Croydon PEO-28 Apr-Tier2 ICT+Tier 1-MainApp+2Dep

Post by SriGan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:44 am

First of First, Thanks to all the Forum Moderators & Members....

My Application for ILR based on Tier 1 Gen was successfully approved yesterday with 2 Dependants.

Appointment Time: 09:15 am
Biometrics: 09:35 am ( My 18 month old kid tested all of our patience while taking photo of her. Nearly 4 people there to comfort her with rhymes+gestures. They brought some Toys as well. Finally a well experienced lady came in to take photo of my daughter and she successfully did it :lol: )
Case came under consideration: 10:25 am
Case Completion: 11:15 am
Documents collected: 12:16 am

UK Entry Cleareance (Tier2 ICT) - 23-05-2009
Arrived to UK - 01-06-2009
Tier 1 Gen - 07-07-2010
Tier 1 Extn - 11-08-2011 (applied early as i went to india to set up offshore team not sure whether i will come back! but they extended from the expiry of the initial tier 1 visa not from the date of the application)
ILR appointment booked - 17-03- 2014( paid old fees only) ( dates are available exactly before 42 days)
ILR PEO Date - 28-04-2014 (booked based on the 90 days concession rule and 28 days before 23 May 2014).
Dependant joined me - 14-02-2012( only 2 years needed for her ILR)
Qualifying years starts - 23 May 2009

Kept my application simple but supplied good number of supporting docs and well organised(commented by the case worker during registration :lol: )

SET O Application Form
Covering Letter
Payment Docs
PBS Doc
LIUK (both)
College Certs(both of our college certs and transcripts)
Payslips (Jan13 to Dec 13)
Bank Statements(Jan 13 to Apr 14)
List of Absence(tabular column with in/out stamp details, place visited, reason, number of days absent)
Employee Letter wherever possible( for some leave i didnt produce letter from ex-employer)
Last 4 year P60 (not necessary)
Previous Visa UKBA Letters
Cohabitation Docs(Council Letters, NHS Letters, Marriage Cert, Tenancy Agreements, Utilitiy Bills, Bank Statements spread across last 2 yrs in our names)
Name Change Doc (for my wife)
Additional Docs to support my Tier 2 Period(payslips, bank statements and Bills etc).

Provided full copy of all the above ones except app form ( this will considerably reduce the case worker time and ur waiting time)

All the Best future ILRians :-) Great Forum....PM me for any details.

perfect123
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success-Croydon PEO-28 Apr-Tier2 ICT+Tier 1-MainApp+

Post by perfect123 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 pm

hello there

congrats on your ILR. its really a great achievement. My case is also almost similar to you, but my wife joined me in September 2012, so i need to wait until my wife eligible of staying 2 year with me. I have a small query in 2 years eligibility period for spouse, do you think can she eligible 28days before her 2 years eligibility period? if yes, is it mentioned somewhere on UKBA website.

the other question is I worked on tier 2 for a year, so the what additional docs required to support this period of tier 2? although you mentioned (payslips, bank statements and Bills etc) can P60 would do the job or any other docs?

Do we need to mention anywhere on the form regarding Tier 2 period what I worked on for the 1 st year of my 5 years eligibility? if you see the latest form it make a bit confused.

Any info is highly appreciated.
cheers

mandysa
Newly Registered

Post by mandysa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Sri,
Congratulations! It 'almost' sounds simple!

Can I ask you about some things please? I have another post going on here as well (mandysa) but just saw your post and thought I would ask you directly.

Biometric details - do I have to take these again? I have a biometric work permit already If I need to do it again, is it something I need to arrange before hand or is it done on the day I go to apply (I will pay more to do a same-day application)

Leave - I have also started listing my leave over the last 6 years with a table corresponding to the stamps in my passport. I have proof of most of these travels as the form says I need this - is this true? Did you have lots of flight details or such to prove the bookings?
People tell me to do an employee letter but that can't be proof of trips can it?

English - you might not know this but how do I prove this? I have a certificate and my work visa which is proof in itself. Although it sounds like this ILR application is sort of separate from work visas and that one cannot assume that evidence for one will count for the other?

Thanks so much for your help! I am almost there!

SriGan

Post by SriGan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:49 pm

perfect123 wrote:hello there

congrats on your ILR. its really a great achievement. My case is also almost similar to you, but my wife joined me in September 2012, so i need to wait until my wife eligible of staying 2 year with me. I have a small query in 2 years eligibility period for spouse, do you think can she eligible 28days before her 2 years eligibility period? if yes, is it mentioned somewhere on UKBA website.

the other question is I worked on tier 2 for a year, so the what additional docs required to support this period of tier 2? although you mentioned (payslips, bank statements and Bills etc) can P60 would do the job or any other docs?

Do we need to mention anywhere on the form regarding Tier 2 period what I worked on for the 1 st year of my 5 years eligibility? if you see the latest form it make a bit confused.

Any info is highly appreciated.
cheers
Thanks. But u need to check the changes passed in July 2012 for dependant ILR Eligibility criteria. Minimum stay for dependants who came to Uk after July 2012 is 5 years to become eligible for ILR.

SriGan

Post by SriGan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:53 pm

mandysa wrote:Hi Sri,
Congratulations! It 'almost' sounds simple!

Can I ask you about some things please? I have another post going on here as well (mandysa) but just saw your post and thought I would ask you directly.

Biometric details - do I have to take these again? I have a biometric work permit already If I need to do it again, is it something I need to arrange before hand or is it done on the day I go to apply (I will pay more to do a same-day application)

Leave - I have also started listing my leave over the last 6 years with a table corresponding to the stamps in my passport. I have proof of most of these travels as the form says I need this - is this true? Did you have lots of flight details or such to prove the bookings?
People tell me to do an employee letter but that can't be proof of trips can it?

English - you might not know this but how do I prove this? I have a certificate and my work visa which is proof in itself. Although it sounds like this ILR application is sort of separate from work visas and that one cannot assume that evidence for one will count for the other?

Thanks so much for your help! I am almost there!
Thanks. Biometrics - if going for PEO Appoinment, they will take it again on the same day. If postal application, they will scheduel the appointment for it. In a nutshell, you have to do it again.

Regarding Leave, if your absence is well under limit (<180 days in each Qualifying years) then your personal letter should be sufficient. I provided etickets to justify the same. For some leaves I managed to get the employers letter.

if your absence are more than 180 days in each Qualifying years, you will need strong supporting evidence.

English - better check the latest english requirement terms...i provided my degree certs and my college is in PBS calculator.

All the Best.

perfect123
Newly Registered

Post by perfect123 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:10 am

thanks for your reply. Yes i check the rules, she got her visa before july 2012 so she will come under old rule of 2 year period. please answer the other questions from my previous questions.

thanks in advance