ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Indian Citizen application processing...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Post72
Newly Registered

Overseas Indian Citizen application processing...

Post by Post72 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi Guys!

Sorry for starting a new thread. I know there is a separate OIC thread running elsewhere in the forum. I started this just to grab your attention Sorry…

Recently high commission of India announced it is no longer going to accept Postal application for Overseas Indian Citizenship. It also listed list of travel agents through whom OIC application can be processed. Does any one know…

1. Are they very strict on this postal processing?
2. Is it only the London office which is not accepting Postal applications or this includes Birmingham and Edinburgh as well?
3. Is there a limit on token still at the London office? I heard it used to be 15.
4. I live near London. In case postal application restricted in London and allowed elsewhere can I make postal application elsewhere in UK?
5. The list of travel agents posted in the high commission’s web site is outdated. None of the travel agents are forwarding application.

I am asking this questions after couple of mails to Indian High Commission. I never got a line to any of the other offices.

Hope you guys understand.

Thanks and Regards,
Post72.

Post72
Newly Registered

Post by Post72 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi,
Updates. Just managed to speak with Birmingham office. Their version is,
1. They do accept Postal applications
2. But they will do only if the applicant fall under their jurisdiction. Sadly I am near London.

Any updates for other questions guys.

Warm Regards,
Post72