ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mezoued
Newly Registered

help british citizenship

Post by mezoued » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Hello everyone on this forum.i want to apply for British passport so need to know what to do.can please someone clear things for me and answer this questions:
1-which test i need to do first lifeintheuk test or THE ENGLISH language qualification? and how long they last for when i take them?
2-what is the easiest and quickest test ?
3-which IS THE EASIEST english qualification do you recommend me to take ESOL entry 3 or B1 on the CEFR.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: help british citizenship

Post by milan69 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:02 pm

You need both tests and it is not important in what order.
I am sometimes wrong.

bernies
Newly Registered

Post by bernies » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 pm

Yes you do need to pass both a Secure English Language Test (SELT) and the Life in the UK test to apply for UK citizenship, however it doesn't matter which order you take them in.

A quick and simple test is the GESE grade 5 Speaking & Listening exam at B1 is accepted and approved by the British Home Office and UK Border Agency. This B1 English test consists of a 10 minute one-to-one interview. You will of course need to be able to converse at a reasonable level to pass the test. However you can get exam preparation, help and advice here http://www.examcentres.co.uk/ .

Good luck

Chronograph
Newly Registered

Post by Chronograph » Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 am

mezoued wrote:Hello everyone on this forum.i want to apply for British passport so need to know what to do.can please someone clear things for me and answer this questions:
1-which test i need to do first lifeintheuk test or THE ENGLISH language qualification? and how long they last for when i take them?
2-what is the easiest and quickest test ?
3-which IS THE EASIEST english qualification do you recommend me to take ESOL entry 3 or B1 on the CEFR.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE
You will have to become a British citizen first through naturalization before you're eligible for a British Passport :wink: