ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents - Tier 1 200K

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NAR

Documents - Tier 1 200K

Post by NAR » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Will be great if someone can answer some or all of the following:

1 - Documents required (applying for myself first but family members are listed in dependents traveling with) are only Funds proof (amount, regulated, disposable), Original passports (the past 10 years), English proof, Maintenance proof, passport size photo, online applications and business plan along with all associated add-ons such as marketing research. Anything else?

I heard from a solicitor that also my original birth certificate?! which i do not see any reference at all for this on UKBA docs so i am just going to assume the solicitor maybe high on something at that telephone conversation unless someone here can back him up.

2 - As long as the family are only listed in the main application without their own application yet then i assume i don't need to submit any family passports and such but I will show maintenance for all of them along with my application so no need for their passports or birth certificates to be given with my application right?

3 - i noticed many people said on here that they travelled to the UK up to 6 months AFTER they got their visa from outside UK. The solicitor (same addict) is saying i MUST come to the UK within 3 months of issuing the VISA. From reading the policy guideline it looks like i only have to register the business or myself within the first 6 months of the visa which i can do online while overseas. So is there a limit of when i can make the first entry to the UK on that visa?

4 - We are required to spend the 200K over three years on the business, they clearly mention that they don't want to see most of it in the business bank account at extension time as the money needs to be spent on advancing the business and such and not be . So my question is when opening a Ltd company, we need to declare the number of shares along with the shares value (for the liability), so in normal situation i will open such a business with 1000 shares and £1 a share value, hence the company liability is £1000. In this 200K category, would they question later on why the company was not opened with value of 200K considering the capital must be 200K as required?

5 - I am missing something on this director loan concept. If the director is a single owner owning all shares, and the director supplied the capital, why would that be a loan? and it seems not all loan situation is ok with UKBA. Highly appreciate an explanation where i am missing this.

Thanx in advance.

NAR

Re: Documents - Tier 1 200K

Post by NAR » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Bump...

Anyone?

NAR

Post by NAR » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:07 am

Wild guesses now accepted :wink:

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:10 pm

1) Instead of writing in paragraph, make a list of it and make it more presentable for people to answer your query. If information is jumbled up, not many people would even bother reading it. Kindly make a list (one by one) of documents which you have already prepared.

2) You cannot say in application form that they are travelling with you if there application forms are not being submitted. That would turn against you when case worker is deciding your case. Don't mention anything about your dependants if you are applying alone.

3) Your presence in UK within 3 months is most important if you are looking to apply for ILR after 5 years of completing your Tier 1 Entrepreneur application. You will also have problem in getting your extension done if you think your presence in UK is not important (it's not just registering a company which you have to do)

4) How can you expect company to start with £200K of shares when your goal for next 3 years is to invest £200K gradually?

5) This thread may give more information about this query : http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 54750.html

NAR

Post by NAR » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:18 pm

BlackBirdSSG wrote:1) Instead of writing in paragraph, make a list of it and make it more presentable for people to answer your query. If information is jumbled up, not many people would even bother reading it. Kindly make a list (one by one) of documents which you have already prepared.

2) You cannot say in application form that they are travelling with you if there application forms are not being submitted. That would turn against you when case worker is deciding your case. Don't mention anything about your dependants if you are applying alone.

3) Your presence in UK within 3 months is most important if you are looking to apply for ILR after 5 years of completing your Tier 1 Entrepreneur application. You will also have problem in getting your extension done if you think your presence in UK is not important (it's not just registering a company which you have to do)

4) How can you expect company to start with £200K of shares when your goal for next 3 years is to invest £200K gradually?

5) This thread may give more information about this query : http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 54750.html
Thank you for the reply.

2 - I thought i've read here several people did it this way so in the event the application is refused for a any reason then other applications will also be refused and hence money is wasted.

3 - I see how this will affect the 5 year ILR. I was talking about coming later than 3 months but not more than 6 months like many here. I wasn't talking about being present in UK is not important.

4 - The capital of a share company is not the money you spend in one year. You can still declare the company £200K paid, or even unpaid capital first year and gradually continue pay the capital as the years go on.

5 - Thanx for the link

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:02 pm

NAR wrote:
2 - I thought i've read here several people did it this way so in the event the application is refused for a any reason then other applications will also be refused and hence money is wasted.

3 - I see how this will affect the 5 year ILR. I was talking about coming later than 3 months but not more than 6 months like many here. I wasn't talking about being present in UK is not important.

4 - The capital of a share company is not the money you spend in one year. You can still declare the company £200K paid, or even unpaid capital first year and gradually continue pay the capital as the years go on.

5 - Thanx for the link
2- Yes you can apply for main applicant only, if you mention in your application that dependents are travelling with you then you should have sufficient funds for maintenance.

3- The visa is issued for 3 years and 4 months, if your entry in UK is after 4 months then your visa will expire before you complete the 3 years necessary for extension.

4- You can make investment in shape of Share Capital or Directors Loan but in case of Shares it will be complicated to get the investment back in case you decide to go back and there might be tax implications as well as regulatory requirements of Company house and HMRC for selling shares or winding up the business. Talk to an accountant.
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

NAR

Post by NAR » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:00 pm

MTZ510 wrote:
2- Yes you can apply for main applicant only, if you mention in your application that dependents are travelling with you then you should have sufficient funds for maintenance.

3- The visa is issued for 3 years and 4 months, if your entry in UK is after 4 months then your visa will expire before you complete the 3 years necessary for extension.

4- You can make investment in shape of Share Capital or Directors Loan but in case of Shares it will be complicated to get the investment back in case you decide to go back and there might be tax implications as well as regulatory requirements of Company house and HMRC for selling shares or winding up the business. Talk to an accountant.
Thanx MTZ.

2 - Yes, point 2 i already have the maintenance for all in my application but will appreciate anyone commenting if anyone heard of them asking for Birth Certificates.

3 - it seems two extensions are required in this case, i just heard someone actually had to do that for the same reason you mentioned, as they extended when the visa expired and they were given a 2 year extension, then they have to request another two years extension because they could not apply for 5 years ILR. It was done before but they will check two times and require the same paperwork and proof on the second extension as if it was the first one.

4 - Thank you

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:07 pm

NAR wrote:
Thanx MTZ.

2 - Yes, point 2 i already have the maintenance for all in my application but will appreciate anyone commenting if anyone heard of them asking for Birth Certificates.

3 - it seems two extensions are required in this case, i just heard someone actually had to do that for the same reason you mentioned, as they extended when the visa expired and they were given a 2 year extension, then they have to request another two years extension because they could not apply for 5 years ILR. It was done before but they will check two times and require the same paperwork and proof on the second extension as if it was the first one.

4 - Thank you
I did submitted the birth certificates as well as marriage certificate and had mentioned in my forms that my dependents will travel with me but i only applied for my self.

One more thing you should keep in mind that a company limited by shares has a limited liability to the extent of shares issued, so investing through subordinated directors loan is more appropriate.
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

NAR

Post by NAR » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:55 pm

MTZ510 wrote:
I did submitted the birth certificates as well as marriage certificate and had mentioned in my forms that my dependents will travel with me but i only applied for my self.

One more thing you should keep in mind that a company limited by shares has a limited liability to the extent of shares issued, so investing through subordinated directors loan is more appropriate.
Thank you, thats exactly to the point. I will add the original marriage certificate & kids birth certificates to my application and keep dependent traveling with me listed and submit maintenance for all.