ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teenboy

Re: Applying for British Passport online

Post by teenboy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 pm

My application was received on 9-April by HMPO. The status remain 'Awaiting information from the applicant'.

Anyone had similar experience?

I filled paper application and ready to send. But waiting for the letter from the case worker for the last 2 weeks.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:19 pm

teenboy wrote:My application was received on 9-April by HMPO. The status remain 'Awaiting information from the applicant'.
I filled paper application and ready to send. But waiting for the letter from the case worker for the last 2 weeks.
my status was updated exactly 2 weeks after the application. Try to give them a call to inquire the status.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:04 pm

ken218 wrote:
teenboy wrote:My application was received on 9-April by HMPO. The status remain 'Awaiting information from the applicant'.
my status was updated exactly 2 weeks after the application. Try to give them a call to inquire the status.
Just called HMPO. The gentleman took my details and waiting for callback between 24-48 hours.

Jeeran
Newly Registered

Post by Jeeran » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: online
Date of application: 03-APR-14
Dispatched Declaration form: 04-APR-14
Royal Mail Tracker(Delivered): 07-APR-14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 29-APR-14. Letter dated 27-APR-14
Date of Passport Appointment: 02-MAY-14 (Confirmation email received)
Date of Passport Receipt: NA
Date of return of documents: NA

Yes, I only received an interview letter from HMPO. :D

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Jeeran wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: online
Date of application: 03-APR-14
Dispatched Declaration form: 04-APR-14
Royal Mail Tracker(Delivered): 07-APR-14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 29-APR-14. Letter dated 27-APR-14
Date of Passport Appointment: 02-MAY-14 (Confirmation email received)
Date of Passport Receipt: NA
Date of return of documents: NA

Yes, I only received an interview letter from HMPO. :D
:D Great to hear Jeeran.
Did you send your declaration form and docs. to Liverpool?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 pm

ken218 wrote:Received my supporting documents today out of blue. :-/

Lucky you!! I received a call today from Peterborough office to tell me they have lost my foreign passport and naturalisation certificate and that I will have to apply for replacements :evil:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:54 pm

CR001 wrote:

Lucky you!! I received a call today from Peterborough office to tell me they have lost my foreign passport and naturalisation certificate and that I will have to apply for replacements :evil:
What!! That is terrible news..sorry abt that mate.

Jeeran
Newly Registered

Post by Jeeran » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
CR001: I am very sorry about your loss.
Ken218: I sent my documents to Newport office.

shabz_81

Post by shabz_81 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Timeline for my baby son:
Online passport application submitted:31-03-2014
Declaration & Documents sent: 08-04-2014
Received by Peterborough office on: 10-04-2014
Current status 29-4-2014: Awaiting information from the applicant

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:30 pm

shabz_81 wrote:Timeline for my baby son:
Is it just me or the Peterborough office generally seem not to know a almost anything about passport applications?
I sent my declaration form/docs (to Liverpool) on 25th April and status got updated today to 'declaration form received'.
I suggest you call the advice helpline to find out what is happening.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:39 pm

konkman wrote:
Is it just me or the Peterborough office generally seem not to know a almost anything about passport applications?
I sent my declaration form/docs (to Liverpool) on 25th April and status got updated today to 'declaration form received'.
Liverpool office received my application on 9-April and the status remain : Awaiting information from the applicant. Really no clue.

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:11 pm

teenboy wrote:
konkman wrote:
Liverpool office received my application on 9-April and the status remain : Awaiting information from the applicant. Really no clue.
Give them a call mate. Funny thing is I called them yesterday and the lady took my information to get back. I check this morning and it is updated!

shabz_81

Post by shabz_81 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:17 pm

There is no clear indication as to who is dealing with the online application. The return address mentioned on the guidance form mentions the Peterborough address yet I am being told by some that it is being dealth with by our local district office which is Liverpool. Does any have information about this.

The online status still reads awaiting information from the applicant and yet when I enquire through email or advice line they say it had been received and is going through the examination process.???

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Got interview letter and booked an appointment on 6th May at London. The Lady on the phone said, Sunday they never conduct interview. I insisted to look for Sunday and the conversation did not go in the right direction. So, I have to accept it. Will call later to check with someone else.
I was not asked to submit new form. I have to trash the already filled form.

dial2all

Post by dial2all » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi I have received for fill in up the blank form again on 29/04/14.
Sent the form same day with special delivery next day by 1pm. But royamail tracking showing nothing (There is no data available for this tracking reference, please try again later) I am very much upset now, I should have check tracking details daytime. I have check online details on 8pm, so i can't do anything now, i must go to postoffice tomorrow morning and ask them, they have sent my letter or not. this is absolutely ridicules .
online rubbish system, cost me more money and wasted time.

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Thu May 01, 2014 8:30 am

dial2all wrote:Hi I have received for fill in up the blank form again on 29/04/14.
Sent the form same day with special delivery next day by 1pm. But royamail tracking showing nothing (There is no data available for this tracking reference, please try again later) I am very much upset now, I should have check tracking details daytime. I have check online details on 8pm, so i can't do anything now, i must go to postoffice tomorrow morning and ask them, they have sent my letter or not. this is absolutely ridicules .
Sorry to hear about this dial2all.
Did they also ask that you fill form and include parents' details?

ken218

Post by ken218 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:48 am

dial2all wrote:Hi I have received for fill in up the blank form again on 29/04/14.
Hi dial2all,
Sorry to hear that. :( I found this link a bit more useful in tracking parcels. It logs every step of the way. It might not help at all, but give it a try. http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

ken218

Post by ken218 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 am

teenboy wrote:Got interview letter and booked an appointment on 6th May at London. The Lady on the phone said, Sunday they never conduct interview. I insisted to look for Sunday and the conversation did not go in the right direction. So, I have to accept it. Will call later to check with someone else.
HMPO might have realised how stupid it was to ask for these details :) or maybe you just got lucky ;) CR001 managed to get a Sunday interview, you should assk him for advice :D

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Thu May 01, 2014 10:56 am

ken218 wrote:
teenboy wrote:Got interview letter and booked an appointment on 6th May at London. The Lady on the phone said, Sunday they never conduct interview. I insisted to look for Sunday and the conversation did not go in the right direction. So, I have to accept it. Will call later to check with someone else.
HMPO might have realised how stupid it was to ask for these details :) or maybe you just got lucky ;) CR001 managed to get a Sunday interview, you should assk him for advice :D
I rescheduled to tomorrow at Chelmsford.

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Thu May 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Sorry about that dial2all.
I am Wales and I was asked to send it to Liverpool (I thought it would be Newport cuz its way closer). When I went to the post office to collect a form, it was addressed to the Newport office. It is very confusing.

Ken218 you sent the 2nd form to Liverpool even though the first one was sent to Newport right? Are you closer to Liverpool or Newport?
Thanks.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:54 pm

konkman wrote: Ken218 you sent the 2nd form to Liverpool even though the first one was sent to Newport right? Are you closer to Liverpool or Newport?
Thanks.
That is correct, the two forms went to different places - and I am in London... I guess Peterborough is the closest one :)

It feels like the passport office was selected randomly when apply online - I submitted applications for me and my wife one after the other, and they were sent to two places.

konkman
Newly Registered

Post by konkman » Thu May 01, 2014 7:44 pm

ken218 wrote:
konkman wrote: Ken218 you sent the 2nd form to Liverpool even though the first one was sent to Newport right? Are you closer to Liverpool or Newport?
Thanks.
That is correct, the two forms went to different places - and I am in London... I guess Peterborough is the closest one :)

It feels like the passport office was selected randomly when apply online - I submitted applications for me and my wife one after the other, and they were sent to two places.
Hahaha...You've got to love the organisation. Anyway, this is the 'last step'. I'm sure I can endure a little more silliness. 8)

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 pm

konkman wrote:
ken218 wrote:
Thanks.

Hahaha...You've got to love the organisation. Anyway, this is the 'last step'. I'm sure I can endure a little more silliness. 8)
When I applied, I had option to add another application for my wife, so ours was to Liverpool office. I received my old passport and naturalisation certificate today. Waiting for my wife's old passport.

shabz_81

Post by shabz_81 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:00 pm

HMPO advice line is an absolute joke. Same generic replies and inexperienced staff reading off screens. Our new-born babies application has been with the Peterborough since the 9th of April and we have got the same status over the last few weeks "awaiting information from the applicant". When questioned with the advice line they simply say we don't know why it states this. I get the same answer that someone will call back in 24-48 hours which does not happen. Me and my wife don't know what to do as child passports are only suppose to take 3 weeks including delivery. We need the passport to apply for visas for the country we are visiting on holiday and we cannot do this due to this hold up. I should have just applied through the paper route of check and send through the post office rather than to apply online through the beta service.

I'm sure if there was a problem they would have written to me or rang me but we have had no correspondence.

If anyone can give any advice or suggestions as to what we can do please let us know. :(

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Fri May 02, 2014 9:40 am

My application (today's) status : Declaration form received, being processed. Interview is also today.
In the past, I was told to expect a callback in 24-48 hrs, but nothing happened.
Last edited by teenboy on Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.