ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhruv26186

Family visitor Visa

Post by dhruv26186 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi there,

I have got ILR for UK and i wish to invite my father to visit me this summer.

Few questions i got before i fill up and submit my fathers application

1. in one of the section of VAF1b Form, it asks for the dependent children name and details. Do i need to mention my name there? OR as i am independent earning so not really dependent on him so put N/A in that question

2. Will they need my father's bank statement and etc even though i am sponsoring his full trip?

3. Does he need to submit the hose property details in application to back up his application?

Regards,
Dhruv

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: Family visitor Visa

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:24 am

Hi ,,,

1 ) As per your statement you are not a dependent. so NA,
2) Yes. Ensure that he has atleast you have money equivalent to 1000 pounds in his account ( as if he will spend in UK )
3) Yes. That is one of the point they look at it as he has ties to the country and will return with in the VISA period

All the best.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

dhruv26186

Post by dhruv26186 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:23 am

Thanks for your response. thats quite helpful.

Is there a a specific list of dcouments which i and my father can attached in application so as we have very less probablity of VISA refusal?

UKBA website shows basic documents but i have seen they reject the application even though those basic documents are all attached and valid. So need to know what could be attached further to ensure that all the documents cover each of the criteteria and refusal probabloty is nill?

UK BA shows below ONLY which i think cant be sufficient
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/do ... st-provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

a current passport or other valid travel identification
2 passport-sized colour photographs
enough money to support yourself during your trip, eg bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
details of where you plan to stay and your travel plans - you shouldn’t pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
You’ll need to have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.

Family documents
You must also provide proof of the family member you’re visiting in the UK, including:

a letter of invitation from them
evidence of their financial and employment circumstances, eg bank statements or payslips
evidence of their immigration circumstances in the UK showing they’re permanently settled or have asylum humanitarian status in the UK, eg a valid visa or immigration stamp in their passport
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Dhruv

conv
Newly Registered

Post by conv » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to visit my brother in the UK for around a month
He is currently working there and he's sponsoring my trip and I will stay with him

Ive got all the required docs from his side as well as mine, the only document that is missing is his tenancy agreement and he cant get in touch with his landlord as the landlord's abroad for atm

So my question is that is it okay if I've got his address proof on his original bank statement and his pay slip? he's also got the full address written down on the invitation letter

if not the above then..My brother's friend lives in a rented apartment and he's got a spare room so can my brother write in the invitation letter that I will be staying at his friend's place as he's got a spare room? His friend will provide the tenancy agreement and a letter from him saying that he is happy to accommodate me for my whole stay

I'd also like to add that I was in the uk a year ago on a tier 4 visa, would this make my application more likely to be successfull?

Thank you