ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helphelp
Newly Registered

URGENT URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Post by helphelp » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Dear All,

I have a unique inquiry. Hopefully, no one ever has it again though.

Last year, 3 days before my leave to remain in the UK was to expire, my passport got stolen/lost (unfortunately, this matter is sub judice, as the culprits and me are entangled in a prevailing legal battle, so cant elaborate much) and in the meantime I was issued a new passport by my high commission for a period of one year(From 21th March,2013-20th March,2014), on the condition that I shall be issued a 10 year passport only once I receive my valid visa. My application(Tier 1 Entrepreneur) and subsequent appeals were rejected and so I applied as a Tier 4 student this year (February,2014) and on this monday I got my biometric,with a letter that my application was successful.

Today, I got half of my documents from the Tier 1 application that I had posted last year as well as all the documents sent this year with Tier 4 application (two of my bank letters are damaged though, mind it these are the ones that I submitted with my tier 4 application).

But my problem is that:

1) My one year passport has not been sent by the UKBA, that I had sent with Tier 1 Application, as well as my degree certificate that I had submitted with it. But even the transcript and all the bank documents have been sent back.
2) As they have not sent me my passport, my new college has told me that its humanly impossible that something of that sort can happen, they have asked me to contact my high commission and get a new passport as soon as possible or else they shall take back my cas.

I have already had enough, keeping in mind all the above circumstances. All I want to know is that what can be the reason that UKBA has just sent me only half of my documents, and didnt bother sending me the most important ones. What should I do? I cant even get a new passport from my country's high commission until UKBA sends me the old one, that got expired on the same day they approved and issued me a Tier 4 Residence Permit. Please, advice. Many thanks in advance.

PS: I have already receive two posts from UKBA. One which had my biometric and the other today which had ALL my student application documents, and most of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur documents minus my DEGREE CERTIFICATE AND PASSPORT!!!!
Last edited by helphelp on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sascopk78
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Post by sascopk78 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:19 pm

you should await UKBA next recorded post as they return all documents in two post, from BOOTLE where you sent Tier 4 application.
Biometric is send by different department they are actually different company but work for UKBA. you sent tier 1 application is different place shiffield or some other place, from where you received all documents today except passport as your passport and degree certificate must be sent from Tier 1 application centre to tier 4 general student application centre as they need to process to issue you student visa and they will send you back soon from BOOTLE centre. so await bro !
could you plz tell me approxmiately what date you gave your biometric and after how long you got your visa and what course level you applied and collge?

helphelp
Newly Registered

Post by helphelp » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Dear Bro!!

I sent my application in February and gave my biometrics in first week of march this year and received approval within 14 days. Course was Level 7 and had shown full maintenance of 9000+, I guess!! The thing is that I don't understand when all my Tier 4 documents have been sent as well as most of Tier 1 (they both came in the same post), than why in this world they wont send me, my degree certificate,passport and letter head pad for the Tier 1 Application. Funniest thing is that they sent the transcript but not the degree certificate. Hope, you shall now appreciate my concerns even better.

Also, I had lost my appeal everywhere at the tribunal levels. I didnt go to the High Court and waste my money.

Visa is 17 months.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Did you try to call them? Find out from them whether they lost your passport and certificate.

sascopk78
Newly Registered

Post by sascopk78 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Send email biometric department (email address given in your biometric letter) that you received your biometric card and all documents except passport and degree certificate etc they usually reply next day and what they do they pass information to the relevant department and then await a week.

But with this also must type a letter and print it and send it tomorrow by recorded delivery or second class post to Bootle address( where you sent covering letter for tier 4 student visa) that you received all documents except ...
they will also reply you via email or send it your documents straight away.

yahyaa
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by yahyaa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:40 pm

helphelp wrote:Dear All,

I have a unique inquiry. Hopefully, no one ever has it again though.

Last year, 3 days before my leave to remain in the UK was to expire, my passport got stolen/lost (unfortunately, this matter is sub judice, as the culprits and me are entangled in a prevailing legal battle, so cant elaborate much) and in the meantime I was issued a new passport by my high commission for a period of one year(From 21th March,2013-20th March,2014), on the condition that I shall be issued a 10 year passport only once I receive my valid visa. My application(Tier 1 Entrepreneur) and subsequent appeals were rejected and so I applied as a Tier 4 student this year (February,2014) and on this monday I got my biometric,with a letter that my application was successful.

Today, I got half of my documents from the Tier 1 application that I had posted last year as well as all the documents sent this year with Tier 4 application (two of my bank letters are damaged though, mind it these are the ones that I submitted with my tier 4 application).

But my problem is that:

1) My one year passport has not been sent by the UKBA, that I had sent with Tier 1 Application, as well as my degree certificate that I had submitted with it. But even the transcript and all the bank documents have been sent back.
2) As they have not sent me my passport, my new college has told me that its humanly impossible that something of that sort can happen, they have asked me to contact my high commission and get a new passport as soon as possible or else they shall take back my cas.

I have already had enough, keeping in mind all the above circumstances. All I want to know is that what can be the reason that UKBA has just sent me only half of my documents, and didnt bother sending me the most important ones. What should I do? I cant even get a new passport from my country's high commission until UKBA sends me the old one, that got expired on the same day they approved and issued me a Tier 4 Residence Permit. Please, advice. Many thanks in advance.

PS: I have already receive two posts from UKBA. One which had my biometric and the other today which had ALL my student application documents, and most of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur documents minus my DEGREE CERTIFICATE AND PASSPORT!!!!
Hi mate

Could I know a bit more detail about your Tier 1 refusal and then getting the tier 4 visa please? I am asking about it because my current situation is exactly like this. I was on PSW and then applied to Tier 1 entrepreneur visa but got refused. Now it is very likely that my appeal will be rejected too. So I am thinking to switch back to Tier 1 student visa. So need some advice from you, if you would. Thanks in advance.

naviad13
Newly Registered

Post by naviad13 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi
Regarding new passport... You need to go high commission tell then u lost ur passport and show police report may be then they will issue new passport . Try sir I m sure it will work for u